Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ZigBee Network and Xbee Programming — Parallax Forums

ZigBee Network and Xbee Programming

i am creating a simple Zigbee network using 3 Xbee Series 2 and 3 Arduino UNO R3, i have 1 Xbee+Arduino that is the coordinator of the network and the other 2 Arduino that send some data.

It is possible to programming the Xbee? For example i create a program on Arduino that send a value ( eg 100 ), i want that my XBee send 2 times this value ( eg 100 100 ) on the network.

It is possible to do that? Thanks all for support

Comments

• Welcome to the forums!

At the bottom of this page:

http://learn.parallax.com/KickStart

There is basic code for communicating with various microcontrollers, including Arduino.
  • thanks but my question is if I can modify thew Xbee firmware to do this
  • So, I understand your question to be:
    Can the Xbee perform some logic or calculation, such that it receives one value from the micro-controller but sends different or additional data? Is that correct? I do not recall seeing this as a feature of Xbee. However, it has been about 7 years since I last designed with Xbee.

If this is not your question, then please help me to better understand.
  • Yes this is my question, i want that my xbee receive some value from microcontroller , then modify this value with something else and send this on the zigbee network ! It is possibile customize xbee firmware? Thanks
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    Not to be off topic,
    But
    1: Why don't you want to simply pass the conversion to the Micro controller?
    2: Are you using TCP/IP or and another protocol for your LAN?

A little more info might bring a better solution to your problem.
  • It is possible to program the XBee if you have a programmable module. The XBee programmable includes an 8 bits MCU 32k flash with bootloader or bootstrap.
    To interface your prog. with the bootloader download the development environment and development kit from DIGI.
    First install the CodeWarrior IDE and then the Programmable SDK.
    If you don´t own a prog. module, you have good suggestions above.
    Good luck.