Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBee Wiring Issues — Parallax Forums

XBee Wiring Issues

I am attempting to try to have an Activity Board communicate with a Propeller Mini using two XBee 802.15.4 modules. I had no issues programming the XBee on the Activity Board, but I am currently experiencing problems with the Propeller Mini. I am using the XBee Adapter Board so I can plug to XBee into the breadboard. I have connected 3.3V on the Propeller Mini to Vcc on the XBee adapter, DOUT to P9, DIN to P8, and Vss to GND. When I try to load to code onto the Propeller Mini, a warning appears saying that there is "no Propeller chip on COM4". When I disconnect 3.3V and GND from the XBee adapter, though, the code will load, although it does not run as it looks like it should. I have included the code I am using below:

Activity Board Code:
#include "simpletools.h"                      
#include "fdserial.h"
fdserial *xbee;
int main()                                    
{
  xbee = fdserial_open(9, 8, 0, 9600);
  char data;
  while(1)
  {
  data = fdserial_rxChar(xbee);
  if(data == 'y') high(26);
  else if(data == 'n') low(26);
  }  
}

Propeller Mini Code:
#include "simpletools.h"
#include "fdserial.h"
fdserial *xbee;
int main()
{
 xbee = fdserial_open(9, 8, 0, 9600);
 int i;
 while(1) {
  i = 1; //The value of i remains the same so I can be sure that this is not the issue in the code not causing LED 26 on the Activity Board light up.
  if(i == 1) dprint(xbee, "y");
  else if(i == 0) dprint(xbee, "n");
  print("i= %d\n", i);
 }   
}

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    There appears to be at least three other threads on this subject. If you follow-up in the original posts with your new replies it makes it easier to figure out where you're at with this.
  • Thank you for the suggestion. I have found posts concerning similar problems that may have the answers I need.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    BleuBox,

I was referring to your posts. At each stage you're posting a new thread instead of replying to the original, so the information is scattered across 4 threads. It's hard to help when everything is in multiple places. Just some friendly advice. It helps others to help you if you keep tings in one place while they're all related to the same thing. :cool:
  • BleuBoxBleuBox Posts: 13
    edited 2016-05-23 01:47
    My issue has now been resolved.