Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VGA interface starting from P15 - P22 — Parallax Forums

VGA interface starting from P15 - P22

heapdumpheapdump Posts: 13
edited 2016-05-16 17:51 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi all,

while soldering my own prototype board I accidentally connected the VGA pins starting at P15 which is not a multiple of 8.
(Like mentioned in the drivers...)
P15  P16  P17  P18  P19  P20  P21  P22
 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
 H    V    B    B    G    G    R    R

Unfortunately in all drivers and demo's there is some config for a base pin or pingroup allways starting at a multiple of 8. :-/
Is there any way to use my pin config without resoldering all to fit to a multiple of 8?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

Comments

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,614
    edited 2016-05-16 18:44
    From looking at the VCFG documentation on page 215 of the Propeller Manual, especially the VGroup table, I'd say you'd have to resolder it. Sorry.

If you don't mind heavily rewriting any video drivers you use, you theoretically might be able to just move the H line on pin 15 to pin 23 and have a weird pin mapping (VBBGGRRH) on pins 16-23. But even this might not work (and it's probably easier to just resolder everything than go muddling through optimized assembly), due to timing problems. I'm pretty good at PASM but certaintly would not want to do this, so I'd just resolder it.
  • From looking at the VCFG documentation on page 215 of the Propeller Manual, especially the VGroup table, I'd say you'd have to resolder it. Sorry.

If you don't mind heavily rewriting any video drivers you use, you theoretically might be able to just move the H line on pin 15 to pin 23 and have a weird pin mapping (VBBGGRRH) on pins 16-23. But even this might not work (and it's probably easier to just resolder everything than go muddling through optimized assembly), due to timing problems. I'm pretty good at PASM but certaintly would not want to do this, so I'd just resolder it.

I have followed your advice and now everything works fine! :D
    Thank you!