Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
propeller-load save to SD card - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

propeller-load save to SD card

13»

Comments

• David Betz wrote: »
    DavidZemon wrote: »
    AS wrote: »
    Store data in the EEPROM is very useful for sure, more than what I speak about, I think.

I just thought that can be useful change the code in the EEPROM with the .elf files from the SD card to change the mode or something like that.
    (http://learn.parallax.com/node/370)

Ohhhh that... :/ I'm afraid I do not know how to do that. As cool of a feature as it is... I actually haven't seen anyone bring it up with regards to PropGCC.
    I imagine you can probably do it in the same way they do in Spin if you're using LMM or CMM with PropGCC. Just use propeller-load -s to generate Spin-style .binary files from your .elf file and use the Spin code to launch the files off an SD card. Of course, it would be nice to be able to write the launcher itself in C but that isn't necessary if your goal is to be able to launch C programs stored on an SD card.

Welllll.... now you've got me interested. Perhaps I peruse the source code for that Run() method in Spin and see what it does. Maybe it will find its way on over to PropWare some day (AS, don't get your hopes up for it happening any time soon :P )
  • ASAS Posts: 149
    This is great! I think it is a interesting solution.

:thumb:
  • AS wrote: »
    This is great! I think it is a interesting solution.

:thumb:

By the way, if you grab the latest from PropWare's develop branch (look through the artifacts here) you'll find that Spin2Cpp is fully supported. See this very new example on how you can include Spin files in your C++ application. I'm sorry that the example doesn't showing mixing Spin and C++ files in a single executable, but it is very easily possible. I'll try and add an example of that soon.

This new Spin2Cpp support should make it much easier for you to use the Spin SD card module for loading .binary files from an SD card while the rest of your application is written in C++.
  • ASAS Posts: 149
    This is great!

Propeller have a lot potencial.

Thanks a lot.