Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
1 year timer for furnace filters - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

1 year timer for furnace filters

2»

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-11-01 15:09
    I do wonder why a 13 year old thread suddenly appears out of nowhere. Is this a new buggy aspect of cloud computing?

But my suggestion for using a Propeller and Unix time will work for anything that has to run various timers from a battery source. It could run from a car battery for a very long time or from a solar recharger.

Yep, my Android phone would be best for a furnace filter remainder.

Latching relays use a pulse to toggle, so there is much less power used than having to hold a coil 24/7 in an on position.

Loopy, there was a spam post that I deleted this morning, (my time). And of course the OP never heard of a Propeller chip at that time. :)
  • Loopy, you'really the one that dug it up (through a search for ???) and then decided to provide a solution for a 13 year old question.

I don't think it just popped out of the cloud unprovoked.
  • mindrobots wrote: »
    Loopy, you'really the one that dug it up (through a search for ???) and then decided to provide a solution for a 13 year old question.

I don't think it just popped out of the cloud unprovoked.
    Nope, not Loopy's fault. There was a Spam for furnace filters that brought it up. He probably was responding right before I deleted it.
  • Even cooler, spam churn.

Invasion of the thread snathcers!

Night of the living dead threads!

Sorry, Loopy, I underestimated the power of Spam!
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2015-11-02 15:47
    So was this all going to disappear, but I replied and that aborted a removal?

++++++++++++

Well, the place I have been living for the past 20 years doesn't have a furnace. So no filters to change. All I have is a little 1200 watt heater for when the really cold wind blows in from Sibera.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever purchased a furnace filter.

Of late, I have been re-reading about passive solar home design. And it is obvious that in most of Taiwan, there is no use for such. We do have some very high mountain regions that might benefit from solar heathing, but I am about 10 meters above sea level.
  • So was this all going to disappear, but I replied and that aborted a removal?

Loopy,
    I doesn't get removed , it will just get moved down, if we stop responding! :)

Because it is such an old thread I will make sure it goes down, but it is still available to people that do a search, that's how the Spammer found it.

No harm, no foul.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2015-11-02 16:17
    Ah ha... 'the evil "don't be evil" search engine' pulls up old threads for spammers to sneak in via an added comment. And since the spam was the last entry, you removed that.

So we are left with this ancient remanent that appears to magically appear. Invasion of the thread snatchers is an apt description.

I still don't buy furnace filters.
  • Ironically, the only reason that I clicked on this was because my Outlook calendar just popped up a reminder to change my furnace filter. I am clearly the demographic that the spammer was seeking.