Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Judging Update — Parallax Forums

Judging Update

Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
edited 2013-10-08 11:51 in Announcements
Hello everyone.

For those of you who participated in the contest, we are pretty busy getting things in order for the judging. The last couple weeks have been spent making sure the applications are complete and that the parallax folks have all the necessary files. This was especially difficult because things came to them so many different ways. We've had to pull videos and encode them off of youtube or share dropboxes.

It looks like things should be in pretty good shape next week. The judges are meeting on the 16th and 17th of September and people should know soon after that. The website should update around October 15th with announced winner and entries per Ken Gracey.

So far, it has been a lot of fun to go through the entries.

Comments

• TymkrsTymkrs Posts: 539
    edited 2013-09-24 15:11
    We got another update:

"Dear microMedic Contest Participant,

Thank you again for your participation in the 2013 National microMedic Contest.

As you know due to the popularity of the contest and the overwhelming number of final submissions we felt the need to expand our team of judges. The judging panel has reviewed each submission, come to a consensus, and winners will be notified by phone beginning this week. All winners will be contacted by Wednesday, October 2nd.
    Winning entries will be posted to the Parallax website for public viewing by Friday, October 4th. We thank you for your patience."
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2013-10-02 11:58
    Nice! Really looking forward to Friday :) Good luck everyone!
  • EmilyKurzeEmilyKurze Posts: 127
    edited 2013-10-02 14:56
    All winners have been contacted and are listed here on our Learn website.

You can view all the winning entries here.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this contest. The entries were truly inspiring!
  • TymkrsTymkrs Posts: 539
    edited 2013-10-02 15:24
    Wahoo!! Thanks Parallax, TATRC, and CMU!! I'm glad I pushed other hackerspace members to enter the competition as 75% placed!! *rochester mn pride* :)
  • bomberbomber Posts: 297
    edited 2013-10-02 18:24
    Congratulations to all the Contest winners! I'm looking forward to meeting some of the applicants at the conference in January! See you all there!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,800
    edited 2013-10-04 15:42
    Congratulations everybody! Obviously, we made it difficult for them to pick the winners...

Prize money will help continue development of our project and maybe it will be of real value to patients one day...
  • vanmunchvanmunch Posts: 568
    edited 2013-10-08 11:51
    Rayman wrote: »
    Congratulations everybody! Obviously, we made it difficult for them to pick the winners...

Ya, for sure! :) Congratulations everyone!
    bomber wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the Contest winners! I'm looking forward to meeting some of the applicants at the conference in January! See you all there!

That would be a lot of fun!