Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
cnc mill some suggestions — Parallax Forums

cnc mill some suggestions

SawmillerSawmiller Posts: 276
edited 2007-12-29 13:01 in Propeller 1
hi all,
been a while since i have posted.. been making and playing with cnc routers.
i thought i would pass along a few links and suggestions for anyone looking to make thier own, and doesnt want to use a computer for the controller..
it seems to me that from the hardware standpoint , if you took a 4 axis controller board from here.. $8 http://pminmo.com/PMinMOwiki/index.php5?title=DIY4axisinterface·and used sip's ·instead of a db25 connector, you could mount the protoboard as a daughter board to it, add a SD interface to the protoboard.
use the A3977 motor controller boards from here www.pminmo.com
and make your chassis using the technics shown here www.buildyourcnc.com
it would be pretty simple. i've made 2 machines using phils controllers, they work good. i'm using a computer with mach3 to control them right now, but later i might adapt one of his 4 axis boards as described and write a gcode interpeter so i can sneakernet a gcode program on a sd . especially if i find myself making the same thing repeatedly.
this would be sorta like zed's idea, but if you set it up for gcode, then you can use stuff like eagles pcb output and other free computer gcode generators... no handcoding
just a thought.
danyeah.gif

Comments

• mirrormirror Posts: 322
    edited 2007-12-29 11:11
    A topic that I find quite facinating - except for the fact that I can't access the buildyourcnc web site. Microsoft Internet Exlorer V6 goes into a 100% processing loop for me - pity about that. The other link was interesting.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • SawmillerSawmiller Posts: 276
    edited 2007-12-29 11:40
    hmm the link works for me, just clicked on it using IE6 sp2
    try again some time, hes got some nice videos of a low cost way to do it
    dan
  • Nick MuellerNick Mueller Posts: 815
    edited 2007-12-29 13:01
    Here it is, the cheapest CNC on earth (I think):
    <

Hohoho!

Nick

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Never use force, just go for a bigger hammer!

The DIY Digital-Readout for mills, lathes etc.:
    YADRO