Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
C++ Compiler — Parallax Forums

C++ Compiler

SteelSteel Posts: 313
edited 2007-12-27 19:48 in Propeller 1
Has anybody created a C++ compiler for the propeller?· I remember some talk a while ago about one being created, but just now found interest in following up.

I ask because I work for a company (creating test tools)in which other Engineers use C++, and there are issues with downloading 3rd party software.· I would like to incorporate the propeller into my test tools...but in order to do that, I need to be able to create in C++ so that the code can be passed around.·

I understand that C++ is not the most effective way to code a propeller, but in order to work the propeller in, I need to be able to share my code.

Thanks
Shaun

Comments

• Nick MuellerNick Mueller Posts: 815
    edited 2007-12-27 19:03
    > I understand that C++ is not the most effective way to code a propeller, but in order to work the propeller in, I need to be able
    > to share my code.

C++ isn't the classical language for µC. You'll have to stick to C. And this will normally handle your compiler when the file has a .c ending.

Nick

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Never use force, just go for a bigger hammer!

The DIY Digital-Readout for mills, lathes etc.:
    YADRO
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-12-27 19:48
    ImageCraft is the company that's developing a C compiler for the Propeller. It was supposed to be ready for beta testing this month, but it's been delayed a few weeks. They market a number of C compilers for various embedded processors (ARM, etc.) and this one is built on the same base. Check out a demo version of one of their other compilers to see the quality of their products.