Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HSS Sound Envelope Editor — Parallax Forums

HSS Sound Envelope Editor

ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
edited 2007-12-18 12:11 in Propeller 1
Hi

I've been helping Baggers with the SoundFX for his Frogger conversion (Nice work Baggers!)

We are using the excellent HSS drivers see http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=604722 for more info.

Whilst designing the sound fx I threw together this quick and dirty envelope editor app to speed things up a little.

Presently it doesn't support the optional extra 16 Bytes of FM sequenced data but I can add it easily enough if there is any interest in it.

It's set for Hybrid defines but can easily be adapted for other boards....tongue.gif

Coley

Comments

• JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-12-18 02:10
    I haven't downloaded this tool yet, but I was thinking about making something similar instead of using the guess, load, and listen method, which really sucks and is really time consuming.

One thing I have noticed is that HSS will sound different on the Hybrid then on the Hydra or Demo board because I believe it is hard configured for 80mhz and the sounds run at a higher pitch at 96mhz.
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2007-12-18 12:11
    Yeah, I'll convert it over to the Hybrid tonight, this way it has the correct timing and freq. [noparse]:)[/noparse]