Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Video questions — Parallax Forums

Video questions

mosquito56mosquito56 Posts: 387
edited 2007-12-17 00:21 in Propeller 1
·As I continure my propellor education I realize that the prop only does one part of the input,process,output phase. Buttons and leds's are fine for now but I see I will have to figure out how the monitors work.
· I am using the GEAR simulator until my education board arrives and I can't figure how how to move the output where I want it. Can any point me to a tutorial on how a monitor and t.v. work in terms of where memory is and how to relocate, resize etc?
··I also need to learn what a pixel is how how it relates to the screen.
· I wrote a program that reads a .txt files and prints it to the screen. It uses line char to goto next line. The problem is that the line char gets printed also. If the prog recognizes the line char to goto the next line and skips the printchr, why is the linechar symbol showing on the screen?
·· Any thoughts would be appreciated as I have spent almost a week on the programming side and have pretty much exahusted the possiblilities. I expect the wiring to take a massive amount of learning and cooking before I figure it out.
Don

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Mosquito: An animal which buzzes in your ear and never stops. He may byte you, he may nibble you, but you will know you were bit.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-12-17 00:21
    There are demo programs for each of the video drivers (text, graphics, different resolutions, etc.) There are varying amounts of documentation in the comments. The best reference for VGA and video output is the Hydra Manual, but you have to pay for it
    although it's well worth it.

Regarding carriage return / line feed / etc. There are several different conventions for end of line characters. The general Window/DOS
    convention is to use a carriage return (13) and a line feed (10) separately similar to how they were used with teletypes. The MacOS
    by convention uses a carriage return as a single end of line character. Linux and Unix use a line feed as a new line character. Different
    terminal programs respect their appropriate line ending character(s) while usually providing options to recognize the other conventions.
    Native MacOS programs for example will do the "go to the beginning of the next line" thing when they see a carriage return (13) and
    often will display a character of some kind for the line feed (10).