Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
generate 5v PWM with the propeller? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

generate 5v PWM with the propeller?

2»

Comments

• Jason HicknerJason Hickner Posts: 21
    edited 2008-02-02 22:39
    I thought you guys might want to see what you helped build!

www.varywell.com/#rgbmixer

The first project, called "Color Mixer" is the one.

Thanks to everyone, and especially Phil!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Jason
    www.pr0jects.com
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2008-02-02 23:38
    Very nice project, and very interesting site. I must be getting old, it took me several minutes to figure out how to view the project jumpin.gif

-Martin
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-02-02 23:49
    Martin, this is "modern" internet technology ... Flash/Flex2. Generally frowned upon by HTML purists, but decently applied here smile.gif
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2008-02-02 23:57
    Impressive project! Very nicely done website, too!!

-Phil
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-02-03 00:10
    Wel, well... the power of 1/2 7400 smile.gif
  • OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
    edited 2008-02-03 01:51
    Hi Jason.

Neat website and good solution provided by all.. there are some very helpfull people here.

I know your up and running but have included a link anyway for maybe future reference.
    It shows a circuit using a LM chip with a self running osc and a pot circuit that sets the on time.
    I have seen this circuit implemented on various projects .. replace the pot by a digital pot and you could
    run the whole thing purely digital .. very low cost components...maxim and various other people like Xicor
    make a really nice ranhe of digital pots.. some even with i2c output so if your using the Propeller
    jsut connect it to the pins 28 and 29 and you have a digital pwm controller on no pins at all...
    (no extra pins as the eeprom hangs of this anyway...

http://www.cpemma.co.uk/pwm.html

cheers ron mel oz
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2008-02-03 07:46
    Mike Green said...
    Relatively early in the Propeller history, Beau (?) posted a design for a boost regulator driven by a Propeller pin using a cog counter. I don't have a link to it, but you could certainly generate a voltage higher than the 3.3V supply with just a few passive components and a transistor or two. I don't remember whether it used an inductor or a charge pump.
    Mike, is this the thread? http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=597359