Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Merry Xmas Ribbit - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Merry Xmas Ribbit

2»

Comments

• JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-12-22 04:33
    Do you get sound in Spintris? If so did you have to change any of the settings to get sound in Spintris? (This should help narrow down the problem)
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-12-22 11:59
    OBC, Oops, lol, try again, getting too excited and rushing ready for xmas.

I'll hopefully get some chance to finish the game before xmas, but spare time it's getting increasingly slim at the mo lol

Baggers.

http://www.propgfx.co.uk/Baggers/Games/ProtoDemo_Frogger.binary

http://www.propgfx.co.uk/Baggers/Games/Hybrid_Frogger.binary

http://www.propgfx.co.uk/Baggers/Games/Hydra_Frogger.binary

PS it now has first Frogger tune, if somewhat fast on Hybrid at 96Mhz not 80Mhz, as i'm using a modified HSS V1.0
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2007-12-22 18:29
    Baggers said...

PS it now has first Frogger tune, if somewhat fast on Hybrid at 96Mhz not 80Mhz, as i'm using a modified HSS V1.0

Use the new version of HSS I uploaded on the website that is designed for the hybrid. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    That should correct any timing problems.

So remember, match the HSS version with your hardware. *lol* [noparse];)[/noparse]
    edited 2007-12-22 18:38
    I would Andrew, but Coley said it the tune locks up in a stand alone player, when played in HSS V1.2
    so I kept with my modified V1.0 [noparse]:D[/noparse] for OldBitCollector to test.
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
    edited 2007-12-22 21:34
    Baggers, it is fixed now, I am just in the process of adding all the tunes into one big HMUS file then it will be ready.
    I am also retuning the sfx to take into account the changes made by Andrew.

I looks great btw!

Great work.

Coley
    edited 2007-12-22 22:26
    Thanks Coley, didn't get much chance to have a play tonight, but put level2 layout, will add croc and fly, and girl frog code next [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    as well as the new driver.
    edited 2007-12-22 23:34
    What TV driver you are using to have it skip the horizontal overscan and use the whole screen?
  • CardboardGuruCardboardGuru Posts: 443
    edited 2007-12-23 02:48
    Looks a pretty accurate remake, right down to (c) Sega! LOL! And just as frustrating as the original too. Well done!

And a demo mode too.

There's a renderer bug on the Hydra. In the title screen when the frogs come in from the right, the sixth frog comes on, and part of it isn't drawn, then the whole screen breaks up. It fixes itself when the game starts though. I'm guessing that your renderer doesn't recover when it takes too long to render a scan line. Maybe you could reproduce the bug by changing the clockmode on your hybrid so it runs slower, or by adding some more frogs till it goes wrong.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Help to build the Propeller wiki - propeller.wikispaces.com
    Play Defender - Propeller version of the classic game
    Prop Room Robotics - my web store for Roomba spare parts in the UK
    edited 2007-12-23 09:05
    JT Cook, I'm using my modified Parallax TV driver.

CardboardGuru, Cheers [noparse];)[/noparse] had to change position of some text as NTSC wouldn't go bigger than 240 scanlines and frogger is 224x256, and demo mode too yeah, had to put that in [noparse]:D[/noparse] and as for the sprites causing breakup, I forgot to put the check for timeout on it, works on the hybrid's 96Mhz with time to spare to draw 9 16pixel width sprites on a scanline, but obviously not at 80 on the Hydra, will fix that on next release, ( well I say fix it, it'll have to tear but I'll make it not break the rest of the display [noparse];)[/noparse] )
    Cheers for the comments guys,

Baggers.
    edited 2007-12-24 11:45
    Had but an hour or so last night, didn't get to do much but fix the sprite issue ( blindly so let me know if it's fixed [noparse]:)[/noparse] ) and add the fly, oh and modify Andrew's new HSS v1.2 to be one file suits all [noparse]:)[/noparse]

http://propgfx.co.uk/Baggers/Games/Hybrid_Frogger.binary

http://propgfx.co.uk/Baggers/Games/ProtoDemo_Frogger.binary

http://propgfx.co.uk/Baggers/Games/Hydra_Frogger.binary

I won't get time today, as it's mad rush now to prepare for xmas, Happy Xmas all [noparse];)[/noparse]

Baggers,
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2007-12-25 20:18
    Works better but not 100%...

Frog 5 on the main menu gets a little bit distorted and I can only see "FROG" out of FROGGER on the main menu...

Besides that, it's great... wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
    edited 2007-12-26 08:30
    Thanks for the info Bamse,
    It's down to the Hybrid being faster than the Hydra, and me only having 4 cogs for sprite rendering,
    1 for main spin, 1 for TV driver, 4 for rendering and 2 for HSS so I don't have one spare for a 5th render cog.

Baggers.

PS, glad you like it.
    edited 2007-12-26 17:32
    Hmm, maybe I can switch out the Xtal on the Hydra to a 6MHz...

Anyone else done this ?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.

/Bamse
    edited 2007-12-26 17:38
    Go for it [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2007-12-26 18:17
    I didn't know that HSS used two cogs, I thought it only took one.

Also the 96mhz vs 80mhz shows a big difference when you load up X-Racer. It runs too fast to even be playable.
    edited 2007-12-26 18:46
    Would something like this work ?

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=14681

It's a 6MHz, 50ppm, 18pF crystal...
    I had a quick look in the Hydra book but I could not find any schematics that included the crystal part...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Experience level:

/Bamse
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
    edited 2007-12-26 18:57
    Yes that will be fine Bamse, good luck, once you've felt the speed increase you'll never go back lol

Coley

Post Edited (Coley) : 12/26/2007 7:02:56 PM GMT
    edited 2007-12-26 20:25
    JT Cook, yeah HSS takes two cogs [noparse]:([/noparse] but I might try and push Andrew to do a monocog version [noparse]:)[/noparse], ( no, not the bicycle lol )

Bamse, not sure the Prop needs caps for the clock.

Coley, lol
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-12-28 23:13
    Current version has perfect sound and controls!

Found an interesting bug... About level 3 and higher the white trucks started dragging 0's across the screen.
    Looks like they might be from the scoreboard. First noticed after falling into the water from the turtles.

Also the last three frogs and letters in FROGGER don't appear correctly.

Feature request: Could START or SELECT be used to toggle the music on/off in the game?

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook
    Got an SD card? - PropDOS
    A Living Propeller FAQ - The Propeller Wiki
    (Got the Knowledge? Got a Moment? Add something today!)

edited 2007-12-29 09:45
    Thanks OBC, That's cos I've only done first two levels, [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Last letters in frogger, will appear correctly, but at the price of making it run at 30fps in game [noparse]:([/noparse] as HSS needs two cogs to run, but if I put the hss update code in the main spin, it makes it chug, but it gives me the 5 cogs for rendering, as Hybrid only uses 4 for rendering.

And yeah I'll add start/select to toggle music on/off that'll also give me the speed back [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Jim.
    edited 2008-01-13 18:51
    Got my 6 MHz Xtal for the Hydra, and gave the Hybrid version a try @ 96MHz...
    Works great and I can now see all 7 frogs on the intro...

Just one small problem, the joypad is mapped different...
    Left is down, right is up, up is right and down is left... wink.gif
    Kind of confusing...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Experience level:

/Bamse
    edited 2008-01-13 18:55
    yeah that's the way the old 9pin Dtype joypads were layed out.
    the joypad bits come out differently to the NES pads on the hydra.
    Don't worry, will be releasing the source soon, with final version, just got a little sidetracked with ZX81 and 3DMM as it's a favourite of mine I just HAD to do [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2008-01-14 04:30
    Cool, looking forward to see the actual code...

In the mean time let me check out the 3DMM...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Experience level:

/Bamse
    edited 2008-01-14 08:56
    Yeah, will be finishing this game off next, now that I had get 3DMM off my finger tips [noparse]:)[/noparse]