Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DIP40 Prop is very robust — Parallax Forums

DIP40 Prop is very robust

RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
edited 2007-12-11 21:28 in Propeller 1
I didn't mean to test this out...· But, I was getting a strange input on P16.· So, I tried shorting it to ground, then to Vdd to figure out what was wrong...· Turns out I had the VGA driver going at P16 (even though I wasn't using it).· But, it still works!

So, I'm impressed with the things abililty to withstand faults!·

I think the DIP version may be better at this than the one one on the proto board (based on very limited data).· But, I really don't intend to do any more testing...

Comments

• rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-12-11 06:31
    That's the truth. the uOLED -128 is pretty tough too... I played myself to exhaustion with some new toys and then decided "what the hell, let's see what that little display can do." I hooked it up backwards, hooked it up right and then yanked the ground out by accident. Shut it down repeatedly by disconnecting the power... which is a no-no (but my code was hung up) It didn't finally die until I started shaking my bread board around a bit and then something shorted out... my Prop survived but my poor 128 crackled a few times and then just faded away.
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2007-12-11 06:35
    What?!?!?! You purposely broke your OLED display?
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-12-11 21:28
    We used 21 DIP chips in the beginning of my courses; I had to replace 5 that didn't work after some time - of course due to mishandling, but that was the topic, wasn't it?