Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
yet another SD card formatting question... 4D — Parallax Forums

yet another SD card formatting question... 4D

rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
edited 2007-12-08 22:10 in Propeller 1
Hi Guys,

I've been busy perfecting the inertial guidance system for my car... should have something for uTUbE soon.

I finally got my 4D display and of course it is a perfect dash-top display... I got the uOLED-128 mostly because it was in stock!!! My 96 is still missing[noparse]:([/noparse]

After trying every wiring diagram available, I finally settled on using 5 volts with 10 K pull-ups... on the signal lines and IK on the Prop's Rx Pin. (That's in theory of course. In reality I'm using my PEKit so it's more like 4.9 volts.)

Originally, I didn't have a uSD card so I just commented out all of the card reads and rights... no problems. Everything perfect. When I put a 1Gb uSD card...and uncommented the demo program. the demo program stopped when it tried to clear sector 143... with two different cards. I took all all of the calls to any sector above 128 and everything runs fine.

Being the genius that I am, I naturally concluded that this was probably a formatting problem... so I reformatted my uSD card with the command line utility in Windows XP with :

format e:/fs:fat/a:32K... no problem. Utility works great[noparse]:)[/noparse]

Now when I try to clear a sector with the demo code... it just hangs there, but it CAN be shut down with another program.

If I comment out the clear_sectors routine... the demo runs fine until it tries to read an image from the uSD... then it hangs and can't be shut down with another program.

Any ideas?

Rich

Comments