Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Xbee not working — Parallax Forums

Xbee not working

bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
edited 2007-12-08 08:09 in Propeller 1
When my propeller is connected directly to my computer's serial port, the data bytes are sent correctly. However, when I connect both ends to two Xbee's, they only sometimes work. Sometimes, the receive LED doesn't even blink when something is sent (data packets are large enough so they are visible). For the times when it is received, the data appears to be somewhat corrupted. Certain bits are inverted (sometimes 1's are 0's and 0's are ones); this is most notable when the same byte is sent multiple times and only a few of the received ones are missing bits. The strange thing is that I cannot seem to find a pattern for when the data becomes corrupted. What can I try?

Edit: found the problem, i had it on mode 3...when i changed it to mode 0 (rx invert) it worked fine, at least for propeller to propeller...also, apparently serial ports have different voltages (not just +5V) so that could be an issue too

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
I'm new to the propeller!

Post Edited (bulkhead) : 12/18/2007 8:09:12 AM GMT

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-12-08 07:01
    Which XBee models are you using? Any carrier boards involved? What baudrate? How far apart are the units?

-Phil
  • bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2007-12-08 08:09
    The one with the external antenna, AppBee-SIP-LV (2.8V-3.4V), 9600 (both sides), a few feet apart.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I'm new to the propeller!

Post Edited (bulkhead) : 12/8/2007 8:37:42 AM GMT