Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cannot transfer program to Basic Stamp - — Parallax Forums

Cannot transfer program to Basic Stamp -

hiren97hiren97 Posts: 9
edited 2008-07-21 21:28 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi,

I wrote program for BS2 in editor which compiles..

I have connected the module with USB with my computer...and connect a 9 V DC battery....

editor software complains "No BS2 found"....also what is the deal with COM port settinngs ??

Please help..I have due tomorrow...

Hiren Patel
hiren97@yahoo.com

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2007-12-04 15:31
    Did you download the USB drivers?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • SuperwormsSuperworms Posts: 118
    edited 2007-12-05 01:19
    number 1 rule, CHECK THE BATTERY!!!, most problems are with the battery after they rule out drivers

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Equipped with his 5 senses, man explores the world around and calls his adventure science
    ·
    -Edwin Hubble
    ·
  • hiren97hiren97 Posts: 9
    edited 2007-12-05 01:41
    battery is new...!!

I bought kit againn..now evertyinh works....parallex guyz just wanted me to buy anoher kit..!!

CASE Close..

Hiren patel

Thanks all..
  • jrissejrisse Posts: 9
    edited 2008-07-01 19:32
    My experience with Parallax has been a positive one! I do not think that Technical Support was trying to get you to buy a new board.·
    I had purchased a Propeller Starter Kit and on the board consists of leds which I tested the outputs.· Parallax and me were sending emails back and forth to each other and finally Parallax gave me a RMA number and I shipped the board to them and they tested it.·· Well, to make a long story short, it turned out the outputs are shared with resistors that creates the VGA output and P18 to P23 will float unless they are pulled low.·The board was not defective and they shipped the same board back.· The point I am trying to address is many problems are caused by the technician itself.·
    In closing, ·I seriously doubt that Parallax tricked you into buying a new board and I hope you continue to do business with Parallax.

Regards,

Joseph
    ·
  • Edward HuertaEdward Huerta Posts: 7
    edited 2008-07-15 04:47
    great customer service with Parallax here as well
  • killjoy9581killjoy9581 Posts: 6
    edited 2008-07-18 02:03
    I am having the same problem. I have replaced the BOE BOT battery's and nothing. Over the past 10 mins of working on it I have got it to upload the program once. Any Idea?????
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-07-18 03:05
    Are you running Windows Update in the background? If there are background tasks running, they can sometimes interfere with the timing for the download enough for it to fail. You may also have problems with the USB driver (if you have one). The Stamp is very sensitive to download timing and you have to have the proper driver installed. There's a note on the Parallax site about adjusting the latency (buffering) of the USB serial port to improve reliability.
    edited 2008-07-18 06:53
    I can't find find those notes you are talking about.
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2008-07-18 14:36
    Killjoy said...
    I am having the same problem. I have replaced the BOE BOT battery's and nothing. Over the past 10 mins of working on it I have got it to upload the program once. Any Idea?????
    You may have to change the "Latency Timer" from 16 to 1.· Go to your "Control Panel" and click on "System" and then "Hardware" and then "Device Manager" and scroll down to "Ports" and click on the "USB to com" port that it gives you and then click on the "Port Settings" tab and click on the "Advance" button and change the "Latency Timer".

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 7/18/2008 2:47:52 PM GMT
    edited 2008-07-18 16:34
    I just got done trying it and nothing. I have never had this problem before.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,557
    edited 2008-07-19 05:30
    killjoy9581,
    ·
    Another thing to check, and I have seen this on very rare occasions (but consistent with a particular program) where it takes several CTRL-R's for the stamp to take on a "new" program.· This usually only happens if the Stamp program was designed to write to the serial port via pin assignment 16 as one of the first lines of the execution code.· When I experienced this, a simple fix was to put a do nothing delay for the first line of execution before the serial output instructions.
    ·
    Can you post your code?
    ·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2008-07-20 01:06
    killjoy9581,

You do say if· this a laptop

I have lap top and if I put the USB to serial adapter with power to Basic Stamp my
    lap top think it is a mouse and will not let me do any thing at all until I unplug it

Try USB to your computer let it see your USB device and then hook it your board

Just an· ·idea.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam
  • edited 2008-07-21 16:33
    killjoy,

Just to verify, does some other PC consistently and normally download programs to your BASIC Stamp without any second tries or delays?

Andy

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
  • edited 2008-07-21 16:38
    Sam,

It's rare, but every once in a while, you'll come across a program with a DEBUG string at the beginning that causes Windows to think you connected a serial plug and play device. You can fix this problem by adding PAUSE 1000 as the first command that gets executed. It has to come before any DEBUG strings.

Andy

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2008-07-21 21:28
    Andy,

Thank You for your reply

You can fix this problem by adding PAUSE 1000 as the first command that gets executed. It has to come before any DEBUG strings.

I will keep this in mind··· smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam