Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
2.5" LCD A/V Display doesn't like the cold — Parallax Forums

2.5" LCD A/V Display doesn't like the cold

jyoungjyoung Posts: 16
edited 2007-12-02 02:14 in Propeller 1
when I first turn my propeller on that is connected to the 2.5" LCD A/V Display and it is cold (about 43F) it takes about 10 sec for the screen to sync. at more normal socal temps like 60-70F there is no problem. any ideas?

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2007-12-01 16:50
    I would just comment the the Parallax 2.5" LCD is a real power monger. It gets very hot when running. I bet it would heat itself up to working temperatures no matter how cold it was...

My guess would be that it is the liquid in the LCD that doesn't like the cold...
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-12-01 16:55
    Don't forget this is a true low cost device (which has nothing to do with the price tag smile.gif )
    I still have one, a friend of mine gave to me for a testing series some monthes ago, using the words: "Keep it as long as you like..."
  • jyoungjyoung Posts: 16
    edited 2007-12-01 21:12
    yeah it heats up and starts working fine in about 10 - 30 sec. other than that it has actually been a nice little lcd.
  • BTXBTX Posts: 674
    edited 2007-12-02 02:14
    jyoung.

Mine has the same problem (out of H sync until some secconds after power on)...that happends here, although local temp are in about 25-30 deg.

I think it is not a design problem or part tolerance...·some part is·not working well...

I will try to fix it, when I have some time...and then post it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.