Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Viewport v2 Released! 40Mhz ADC, Video capture, Fuzzy Logic and more - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Viewport v2 Released! 40Mhz ADC, Video capture, Fuzzy Logic and more

2»

Comments

• SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2007-12-30 21:46
    Hi Hanno.

Fine program but I have run problem with it.
    It load bin code but if it start comunicate it say no com port.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.

Sapieha
  • mosquito56mosquito56 Posts: 387
    edited 2007-12-30 21:56
    Been there done that, Sorry, just didn't see any refrence to requirements for use. I am using a usb port and will give it a try soonest. Didn't want to install and find I am missing something and loose the trial period. BTW: I am not using the eeprom chip, will this make a difference?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mosquito: An animal which buzzes in your ear and never stops. He may byte you, he may nibble you, but you will know you were bit.

Technologically challenged individual, Please have pity.
  • HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2007-12-30 22:20
    Sapieha-
    I recall you overclocking the Propeller before- right? If you're running the Propeller with a crystal faster/slower than 5mhz, you'll need to disable the 2mbps mode- see my previous reply about changing the edit/preferences/2mbps mode.
    This should allow everything but the Video Capture to run without any changes...

Mosquito-
    An EEPROM is not required. ViewPort's internal loader loads pre-compiled binaries to RAM. You don't have to use ViewPort's internal loader, just use the "Start/Stop" button to manage the connection to an already running program which uses the ViewPortConduit object...
    Hanno
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2007-12-30 22:36
    Hi Hanno.

I run Prop with 5MHz crystal and PL16.
    But I run PC overclock 25%

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.

Sapieha
    edited 2007-12-30 23:42
    cool, looks like a nice product. Will give it a look. How long is the trial period?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mosquito: An animal which buzzes in your ear and never stops. He may byte you, he may nibble you, but you will know you were bit.

• HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2008-01-01 05:40
    Mosquito-
    The free trial period for ViewPort is 30 days, starting when you first use it. It costs $69 to register.
    Hanno
    edited 2008-01-01 16:31
    · Sounds good, I am sure I will be needing it in the near future. I will keep it in mind. Thanx for the info. Have a Happy New Year

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

• johnnyairplanejohnnyairplane Posts: 25
    edited 2008-01-27 06:50
    Cause: 'someone' invents the propellor
    Effect: I start to enjoy programming again....thanks guys!

Cause: 'someone' releases a 'strange video' on youtube...
    Effect: I find this dancebot web site - by accident

Cause: I download viewport, install it, play with it
    Effect: There is a God and he/she loves me and wants me to be happy!

The ONLY thing bad I can say - my Rev C demo board will absolutely not work with viewport,
    I plug in the REV F demo board (propellor) - things smooth right out, everything works fine!

The over-whelming sense of 'holy cow, I now have a real dev system' is something I haven't
    experienced in a long time....like giving a cheeseburger to a starving man.

Viewport is better than ..... S**!

John -
    Oh, sit back, smile and laugh about the comment, don't get your panties all 'bunched up'....
    it's just life, it was never designed to be that serious anyways....