Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Enc28j60 — Parallax Forums

Enc28j60

RatheeshRatheesh Posts: 1
edited 2007-12-15 02:40 in Propeller 1
I am trying to design an Embedded ethernet application,Using ENC28J60 & PIC16F87AA.Iam facing difficulties· in establishing a connection between the Ethernet and the Internet.Any one having Experience please help.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-11-29 07:14
    This is a support forum for Parallax's products. I suggest you use the Microchip support services and the web in general. There seem to be plenty of projects to look at if you do a web search for ENC28J60.
  • simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2007-11-29 10:10
    or you could ditch the PIC and use the Propeller instead - there's already a working Ethernet project using the ENC28J60 wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon
    www.norfolkhelicopterclub.co.uk
    You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)
    BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offense at my writing style smile.gif
  • jbumataijbumatai Posts: 26
    edited 2007-12-14 01:12
    I am working on a project to use the ENC28J60 to connect to the Propeller. Is there anyone else doing that as well?

TIA,
    JB
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2007-12-14 02:24
    see code.google.com/p/proptcp/

and also click on the link for PropNIC in my signature - PropNIC is the "Propeller Network Interface Card"

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller!

SD card Adapter
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2007-12-14 03:42
    There are actually a handfull of people who are working on ENC28J60 drivers and tcp/ip stacks. A quick search on search.parallax.com for "enc28j60" will give you tons of results.

You can always download my latest betas from: harrisonpham.com/embedded/PropTCP/beta/.

Harrison
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-12-14 04:11
    I'm curious (because I'm getting ready to work on an updated version of the bbs, as well as PropCOMM)
    How many ENC28J60 owners (SpinStudio, handbuilt, or otherwise) are here?

@Harrison, that latest release is the "BOMB"! I'm looking forward to seeing some of our game guru's
    squeeze it in for some head<-->internet<-->head play. Wow..

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook
    Got an SD card? - PropDOS
    A Living Propeller FAQ - The Propeller Wiki
    (Got the Knowledge? Got a Moment? Add something today!)

• jbumataijbumatai Posts: 26
    edited 2007-12-14 21:57
    Oldbitcollector said...
    I'm curious (because I'm getting ready to work on an updated version of the bbs, as well as PropCOMM)
    How many ENC28J60 owners (SpinStudio, handbuilt, or otherwise) are here?
    OBC

Ok, I have not purchased an ENC28J60 chip yet. I want to do a TCP/IP for my Prop Project. If there are other Prop ethernet projects which do not use PICs, I am interested in that. I need to on with it - A.S.A.P. I need to get a move-on my project.

JB

Post Edited (jbumatai) : 12/14/2007 10:03:25 PM GMT
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2007-12-15 02:40
    As far as I am aware, all of the proposed enc28j60 + Propeller projects use only the Propeller. My stack is almost entirely written in SPIN, which should make it easy for anyone to use. Again, my stack uses only the Propeller + ENC28J60, there is no PIC/AVR/ARM involved. You can look at proptcp.googlecode.com/ for information about my implementation, you may also be interested in code.google.com/p/proptcp/wiki/TelnetServer.

What do you plan on using 'tcp/ip' for? Can you post your intended use for any pre written TCP/IP code? It isn't as simple as serial IO (although my beta sockets layer fully emulates the FullDuplexSerial object). You need to know exactly what you want since it is not as easy as downloading some random pre-written driver and calling some serveMyWebpage() function.

Sorry if I sound a bit bitter or mean. I just get a bit edgy when all the answers are in the thread, and the original poster does not even read them.

Harrison

Post Edited (Harrison.) : 12/15/2007 2:46:45 AM GMT