Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
read from propeller — Parallax Forums

read from propeller

jyoungjyoung Posts: 16
edited 2007-11-29 04:19 in Propeller 1
I can't seem to find a way to read the program back from the propeller. My problem is that my harddrive died and I did not have a backup copy of the program I have been working on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-11-29 03:53
    The EEPROM attached to the Propeller normally contains a compiled version of your program (if you downloaded it there using the Propeller Tool). It's fairly easy to copy this to something like an SD card, but it won't do you any good. There are even programs like the one discussed here (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=665019) that will take a copy of the EEPROM and disassemble and decompile it into human readable stuff, but it's a long way from there to a Spin source program and the names in the program (variables, methods, constants) are lost permanently with your dead harddrive. Practically speaking, it's not feasible to reconstitute the original program from an EEPROM image.
  • jyoungjyoung Posts: 16
    edited 2007-11-29 04:19
    bummer, thats kinda what I thought. At least I still have some of my notes and flowcharts. hey its good practice and maybe it will turn out better this time. Thanks for the quick responce.