Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spatialization and Mic in — Parallax Forums

Spatialization and Mic in

geokonstgeokonst Posts: 48
edited 2007-11-26 15:37 in Propeller 1
Hello all. This is my first post. I am new to the propeller (proud owner of a propstick) so please bear with me.

I need to use the spatializer together with a mic input. I've tryied my best but could not do it (although they both work seperatly using their demo codes). Could anyone please point me to what i should do?

Also another question. From reading the manual i understood that you can have a maximum of 2 adc using the 2 counters. Am i wrong? And if yes is it possible to connect to microphone sources each to one of the monaural inputs of the spatializer.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2007-11-21 13:28
    Hi geokonst, and welcome to propworld - you're gonna love it!

Re: ADC and counters: I think I'm right in saying that the limit of 2 ADC's is per cog, and that's - as you point out - because each ADC uses one counter, and each cog has only two counters.

As for your other questions; I'm afraid I can't answer, but I'm sure it won't be long before someone else can help you.

Have fun [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon
    www.norfolkhelicopterclub.co.uk
    You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)
    BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offense at my writing style smile.gif
  • geokonstgeokonst Posts: 48
    edited 2007-11-23 12:04
    Dear Simoni,

Thank you for your reply (I had internet problems and could not answer sooner).
    As for feeding the samples taked from an adc to the spatializer... I am still working on it. Assembly causes me a headache, but I think I am getting a grip. Anyhow, all help is welcome.

Again, it's nice to see so many people enthousiatic about this amazing chip.
  • geokonstgeokonst Posts: 48
    edited 2007-11-26 12:49
    Hello all,

I am officialy stuck now. Can please someone tell me what am I·doing wrong? I can't see the reason why the following code does not work... (Although I have·a propstick I'm using demoboard configuration)
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-11-26 15:37
    I don't think you can pass variables into an assembly program like that. You need to use par and work offsets from that address. Look at, for instance, keyboard.spin.