Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wireless link between Propellers — Parallax Forums

Wireless link between Propellers

gsenesacgsenesac Posts: 3
edited 2007-11-18 18:34 in Propeller 1
Hello,

I've been trying for some time to try and get two propellers communicating in 1 direction and I'm having some trouble. I'm currently using Linx wireless chips(XBee's aren't available to me in the time that I have to get them) and while I can oscillate a pin and receive this 101010 pattern, I still cannot send a data word and receive it at the other end.
I've tried different methods, I used FullDuplexSerial to output a word and then tried to use the same to receive, I've tried to use SHIFTOUT/SHIFTIN from the BS2 object, but neither has worked.
I imagine that my problem is similar to if I had used XBee chips, but I'm not totally sure. Has anyone else experienced something similar, in that you receive data, but it doesn't look like what you sent at all?
Thanks,

Gordon

Comments

• Tom CTom C Posts: 461
    edited 2007-11-18 01:48
    gsenesac,

I suggest that you take a look at the spin obj code that Steve Morris wrote to allow a Propeller to communicate serially with a Parallax eb500 Bluetooth transreceiver.

You can find his spin obj code in the summer issue of Robot Mag under the "Follow Me" article.

It works fine as I have used it to communicate with my rover from a Bluetooth equipped PC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    TCIII

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    If you are going to send·a Robot·to save the world, you·better make sure it likes it the way it is!
  • gsenesacgsenesac Posts: 3
    edited 2007-11-18 18:34
    I took a look but I don't necessairily want to have to purchase a copy if I can find a solution for free. I didn't realize that Parallax sells transmitters and receivers which use the same Linx tx/rx's. I found a pdf of the sample code that they provide for the BS2, and I realized that I'm not using a pulse to initialize communication. I'll give that a try and see what happens. Thanks for your input,

Gordon