Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Quick Status Update of ImageCraft Propeller C - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Quick Status Update of ImageCraft Propeller C

2»

Comments

• CardboardGuruCardboardGuru Posts: 443
    edited 2007-12-19 13:36
    Hi Ale,

Sounds interesting! I must have missed out on that.

Either edit the page yourself to add details of your assembler, or alternatively point me to the thread and I'll add it.

As a general comment for everyone: The very best thing to do when you spot a mistake or an omission on a Propeller Wiki page is not to point it out here, but to just go ahead and edit the page. That's how Wiki is supposed to grow and improve in quality. You don't need to sign up first (unless you need to create a new page). If the change isn't self explanatory, then there is a note field to explain why you made the edit.

Oh, and don't be shy of adding something just because it's your own project. Who's better to describe your project than you? Just so long as the content remains informational it's all welcome additional material.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Help to build the Propeller wiki - propeller.wikispaces.com
    Play Defender - Propeller version of the classic game
    Prop Room Robotics - my web store for Roomba spare parts in the UK

Post Edited (CardboardGuru) : 12/19/2007 1:48:25 PM GMT
  • AleAle Posts: 2,363
    edited 2007-12-19 14:13
    Well, I did add it to the wiki. Probably needs some editing for better format support. smile.gif, and of course the actual implementation.
  • ImageCraftImageCraft Posts: 348
    edited 2008-01-17 09:55
    Jan 18th 2008 update (dang, can someone invent a time dilution machine? may be then things will *appear* to go faster? smile.gif )

The asm/linker are code complete and in the process of being tested. We are generating .binary and loading it to the Prop board for testing. Normally we would write a simple instruction set only simulator for our internal testing purpose. But with the Propeller, we decided to go with the real HW, at least initially.

The LMM kernel is mostly code complete. Basic mul/div/mod support functions done. Waiting for testing.

As for the compiler, the basic code generation is done. That is, every internal operator has a pseudo-assembly templates (that's how our compilers are written). What's left are some peephole optimization functions, tune the register allocator and few other support functions. Surely there will be modifications to the compiler and to the LMM as we gain more knowledge.

Schedule: I wish it's done yesterday but we are working as fast as we can. We are definitely aiming to make a splash in the Embedded System Conference. We will most likely release a complete starter kit with Propeller HW + a X KBytes limited compiler + tutorial/examples for as low as price as we can manage at the same time. We will see what X is and what price point we are looking at later.

// richard
  • ImageCraftImageCraft Posts: 348
    edited 2008-01-21 20:20
    Jan 21st Status:

On the Propeller executing LMM asm (and then linked) code we are! Still to be done a lot more work, but marching forward we are -- Yoda smile.gif
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2008-01-21 23:10
    smilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!