Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
transmitter / receiver 433 Mhz — Parallax Forums

transmitter / receiver 433 Mhz

politehnicapolitehnica Posts: 6
edited 2007-11-14 05:56 in Learn with BlocklyProp
·· Hi !

· I bought some weeks ago a transmitter / receiver 433 Mhz. But I don't have the BS2 code source to have a wireless trasnmission for simple move (go straight, turn..), and my·programs don't work. I know only that the sensors are ok.

·Can someone help me ??

Thank you very much

·· Francois COUSIN
·· Politechnica University
·· Bucharest, ROMANIA

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2007-11-13 15:56
    How are you testing this?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2007-11-13 22:21
    And it didn't work? How do you have them connected? The code looks straightforward and I don't see any tricky parts.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • politehnicapolitehnica Posts: 6
    edited 2007-11-14 05:19
    My problem is to create a BS 2 program to use the Parallax 433 MHz RF Receiver and Receiver (id = 27980 and 27981), to do basics move (to go forward, to turn, to go backward), when I'm using 2 differents microcontroller.

But I don't have any example.

Francois
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-11-14 05:43
    I don't think there are any examples. Once you can reliably send information from one Stamp to the other using the wireless link, you can decide on what information to send to mean "go forward" or "go backward" or "turn right" or "turn left". You could just use the characters "F", "B", "R", and "L". You would use a SEROUT statement to send one or more characters on one Stamp and a SERIN statement to receive one or more characters on the second Stamp, then use a series of IF statements to see what is actually received and act on it.

If there is going to be any significant distance from one Stamp to the other, you might want to build in some error checking. For example, you could send first the upper case letter, then then same letter in lower case. The receiver would check that any upper case letter is followed by an identical lower case letter. Otherwise, it would ignore both characters.

There's a tutorial called "IR Remote with the BoeBot" that's available for download. It gives examples and discusses how to control a BoeBot using an IR remote control. Controlling a BoeBot or other robot with a different wireless link (using the 433mHz devices) is very similar. Have a look at it.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 11/14/2007 5:48:02 AM GMT
  • politehnicapolitehnica Posts: 6
    edited 2007-11-14 05:56
    Thank you very much for your answer Mike, I will try it.

have a nice day !!

Francois