Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Graphics driver need advice , help — Parallax Forums

Graphics driver need advice , help

StratosStratos Posts: 15
edited 2007-11-06 14:06 in Propeller 1
·Hi all. I'v been trying to output some nice graphs on my Pal television here in Europe. After I finally managed to set the bit for Pal, the graphics demo worked but·there is my first problem:It occupies only part of the screen. Can it cover the whole screen ? Would it be better to get an NTSC monitor·instead of·PAL. ·Then I tried to use the graphics commands (arc(x, y, xr, yr, angle, anglestep, steps, arcmode)) and can't understand the angle, and·step variable. Is there somewhere a·manual·or I just have to do experimentation for these to work ???

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2007-11-06 13:01
    I think you can increase the number of tiles in X and Y directions when you use Pal. Maybe that will fill your screen better...
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-11-06 14:06
    (a) PAL does not have a good quality with 5 or 10 MHz crystals

(b) When using double buffering you will be tight on memory, using the full PAL resolution might not be a good idea

(c) You will live best when adapting to the physical pixels on your screen: 320x240 on low cost car monitors/portable TV, 640x240 on NTSC, 640x480 when interlaced which however will show other issues....
    I don't have the PAL format in my head at the moment.. look it up!

(d) A "Manual" is urgently needed for more than a year; however all information is given here in this forum, distributed in 10 or 20 threads. Read them all - you will learn.

(e) ARCs are scaled to 2048 = 360 degrees. The souce code is well documented: Read them.

(f) You have to choose the number of horizontal and vertical tiles anyway for each of your application. There is no "standard screen". It depends on what you want to do with exactly the program you are writing.
    Take LCD displays... It makes no sense to use a 4x20 display all the time.. A much cheaper 1x16 might suffice..

Post Edited (deSilva) : 11/6/2007 2:12:00 PM GMT