Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VGA_1280x1024_Tile_Driver_With_Cursor — Parallax Forums

VGA_1280x1024_Tile_Driver_With_Cursor

NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
edited 2007-11-03 15:16 in Propeller 1
@Chip Gracey

Good morning, Chip.· I am having a small problem with the subject driver.· If I enter assign a value to a variable from the keyboard, say "nbr := 72", and then write:

print(nbr)

It always prints the ASCII value of the entered number, in this case "H".· If I transmit the entered number to a remote Stamp, the Stamp always receives it as a decimal, i,e., 72, and responds like it should.· It is only in the VGA display that "H" displays instead of "72".· Can you do something to
VGA_1280x1024_Tile_Driver_With_Cursor so that it will display "72" instead of "H"?

Thanks

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift.

That is why they call it the present.

Don't have VGA?
Newzed@aol.com
·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-11-03 14:41
    Sid,
    print(nbr) is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. If you want a routine to convert a number to a displayable decimal value, you'll have to do it yourself or take it from some other code. The easiest thing to do is to take the dec(value) routine from the tv_text.spin driver that comes with the Propeller Tool. Simply substitute "print" for the "out" calls in the routine and put that routine in the display driver. Then you can call dec(nbr) and get what you want.

You can do the same sort of thing for "str()", "hex()", and "bin()" to get other display formatting options.
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-11-03 14:45
    @Newzed: This is as it should be. You are merging many different things here...
    The Tile_driver is not able of doing either thing.

You are most likely using the Tile_Drive_Demo, which is an application wrapper you can - and should - alter according to your own wishes.

So please add your own DEC routine to it; versions of it can be found in many sources.

It is indeed a pity, that ALL objects are hardly documented. Why is ther no one to start this simple task - it shouldn't take more than 50 to 100 hours, and needs just the abilty to sort out the relevant source code comments and PUB routines. Basic knowledge of English and SPIN would suffice....
    Alas, deSilva is very weak with both....
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2007-11-03 15:16
    Mike, thank you very much.· Such a simple solution - it works beautifully.· I used the PUB dec method from tv_text.spin as you suggested.

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift.

That is why they call it the present.

Don't have VGA?
    Newzed@aol.com
    ·