Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
CD_LTC1298 object — Parallax Forums

CD_LTC1298 object

JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
edited 2007-10-31 00:15 in Propeller 1
Hi All,

I'm taking a project I have been working on off the breadboard and onto protoboard. I have been using the CD_LTC1298 object quite happily. When I soldered the board together, I dind't follow the pin layout shown in the object comments. I forgot that it used the pins in a specified order.

So, instead of unsoldering and such, I want to change the code to allow the pins as I have them to work. Looking at the code it seems simple. Trouble is that it could still be a wiring issue as well, although I have looked at it many times. So, I thought I'd drop a line here and see if the code changes I made *should* work. If they should, then I need to somehow dig deeper and find the hardware issue.

Anyway, looking at the code for the LTC object, what I see that needs to be changed is:

PUB start( pin_ )
  pin := pin_
  'init(pin, pin+1, pin+2)
  init(5,3,4)

The commented code is the original. I don't see anywhere in the code that I think would be a problem, but let's just say it wouldn't be the first time .

Thanks for the help!

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot

Comments

• deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-10-30 23:32
    The calling sequence is this:
    PRI init( cs_, clk_, dataio_ )

So please check for this yourself: What is your Select, your Clock and your Data? It's you who has to know best...

Post Edited (deSilva) : 10/31/2007 12:37:06 AM GMT
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2007-10-30 23:55
    deSilva,
    I did check that, and it is in that order. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else in the code that would need to be changed. I have just gone over the circuit again with a fine tooth comb and it looks right. Howver, if there is nothing wrong with the code, it must be a hardware issue.

Thanks!
    Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-10-31 00:15
    I understand it worked on your breadboard before soldering it to the Protoboard....
    Best is to check with a 'scope - you sometimes identify issues within minutes...
    You have connected it to 5V, haven't you?

Perhaps you have a frequency counter in your multimeter... check the CLK line...
    CS could be spotted with an LED ....

Post Edited (deSilva) : 10/31/2007 12:29:43 AM GMT