Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RC Truck — Parallax Forums

RC Truck

Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
edited 2007-10-27 18:15 in Propeller 1
·Beau,
·Bought this truck at a sale for $5 ( no remote)·, seen your code for RF transmitter . How do I figure out what Mhz . this thing is at?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Thank's Brian

www.truckwiz.com

·"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." ·· Albert Einstein

http://www.diycalculator.com/subroutines.shtml· My favorite website ( Bet you can't guess why)
800 x 533 - 264K

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2007-10-27 05:52
    Brian Beckius,

??? - Does it have any markings on the bottom that might indicate what frequency it operates on? In the USA, it's most likely 27MHz or 49MHz, but even that isn't much of a standard now days.

Without the remote though, it will be very difficult to decipher the correct code stream. When I wrote the code for the RF transmitter, I had the remote and a scope available so that I could visualize
    what the transmitter pattern was supposed to be.

$5 for the truck? - I would probably forget about the receiver that was in there and figure out how to design my own transmitter/receiver to replace it with. Keep in mind it doesn't need to be RF, you
    could use IR, or even ultrasonic.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Shane De CataniaShane De Catania Posts: 67
    edited 2007-10-27 12:43
    At the risk of stating to obvious... The receiver board will almost certainly have a crystal on it - the receive frequency will be the same as that crystal or a multiple of it.
  • rePeterePete Posts: 18
    edited 2007-10-27 15:11
    Is this the same truck?

http://www.savingsahead.com/P/1186/tyco_remote_control_monster_jam_grave_digger_huge_27_mhz_multiband.html

if you could find it on google you might be able to dig up some info on it.
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2007-10-27 18:14
    From Yahoo:

Product Features

* Hot Wheels R/C Grave Digger Radio Control runs at 27 MHZ
    * Official Monster Truck Siries by Monster Jam
    * Crushing Speed! Turns Right And Left/Forward And Reverse
    * Requires 5 X AA Batteries (Not Included)
    * Quality by Hotwheels
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2007-10-27 18:15
    Name : Tyco Monster Jam Grave Digger - Tyco Remote Control Monster Jam Grave Digger Huge - 27 MHz Multiband B8925
    Item # : B8925
    UPC Code : 0-27084-07851-0
    Manufacturer : Mattel-Tyco
    Features :
    See Also :
    Tyco Monster Jam Grave Digger - Tyco Remote Control Monster Jam Grave Digger Huge - 27 MHz Multiband B8925
    Click on the image to enlarge

Tyco Remote Control Monster Jam Grave Digger Huge - 27 MHz Multiband

Tyco Remote Control Monster Jam Grave Digger (27 MHz Multiband) - B8925

This honking huge R/C is the last truck standing and you're in control. One of the awesome Tyco R/C Power Performers, this ready to run Monster Jam truck features all terrain suspension, super climbing power and realistic engine sound. Rev it up and hear it roar, it's practically unstoppable. Requires one 7.2v NiCd rechargeable battery pack and charger for the vehicle, and one 9v battery for the transmitter. Batteries included.

It's Huge!! Unit Size : 23" Long and 16" Height