Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IDE Editor Enhancements — Parallax Forums

IDE Editor Enhancements

mirrormirror Posts: 322
edited 2007-10-26 03:29 in Propeller 1
I'm sure these wont get implemented, but I'll throw them out there, as you never know.

I've got increasingly more assembly code in my "little" project. All 8 cogs are used, and 7 of them are assembly language - all written mostly by myself. eg: I use a modified mcp3208 object which scans 3 chips (24 analogs) does a pile of backend processing/filtering and feeds the processed results into a FIFO for use by another cog.

I find that I keep writing the same two errors into my assembly code:

1)··jmp func instead of jmp #func
2) ·hub operation to the wrong·address - for various reasons mostly FIFO buffer boundary conditions.

What I'd like is 2 extra "views" of my code: Both views would put the·editor into monochrome(black text on white background), but then:
For the first view all jmp, jmpret, call, djnz, djz, tjz instructions would be left in colour.
For the second view all rdbyte, rdword, rdlong, wrbyte, wrword, wrlong instructions would be left in colour.
This would make it much easier to visually scan large amounts of assembly code for potential bugs that can be quite tricky to hunt down in running code.
·

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-10-26 00:27
    I have the same problem with JMPs. I've gotten into the habit of using the editor's "Find" function to scan through them all to make sure I haven't left out any #s.

-Phil
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-10-26 03:29
    gee, that list of opcodes looks real familiar.

Mirror, why not pop the spin file into a decent wordprocessor and smack it with a macro? It looks like a simple search and replace with the font/color that you want.

Post Edited (Fred Hawkins) : 10/26/2007 3:43:10 AM GMT