Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Remote Desktop for Propeller (just an idea) — Parallax Forums

Remote Desktop for Propeller (just an idea)

RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
edited 2007-10-23 22:46 in Propeller 1
So, I'm fixing to use the Prop as the heart of a control system with VGA display...

But, I want to display info also in·two remote locations.· Was planning on piping video via coaxial cable there.

But, now I'm thinking about using our existing network cables to display info remotely via LAN.· Thinking about using a pair of ENC28J60's (someone here also sells a module for it) to transmit the display buffer to the remote Prop which would then display it on the screen.· I believe there's a object for it already in "Object Exchange".

This would save me from using another cog to generate TV.

I guess this would be a lot like PropTerminal, but over LAN instead of USB.

If it did include mouse and keyboard support, it would be a lot like the MS "Remote Destop" app (that I use a lot!).

Comments

• parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2007-10-23 22:46
    instead of "go-to-my-pc" would it be "go-to-my-Propeller" ??

Rayman said...
    (someone here also sells a module for it)
    That someone is me, aptly named the PropNIC.
    Rayman said...
    I believe there's a object for it already in "Object Exchange".
    code.google.com/p/proptcp/ I beleive is where the author is maintaining the object, as it's a work in progress, he determined that it would be too difficult to update the Object Exchange every time he makes a revision.

Your idea is good, I got a look at some code Harrison wrote for the module that gives you a view of LAN traffic. Pretty cool!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio

Post Edited (parts-man73) : 10/23/2007 10:55:20 PM GMT