Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
More Graphics Modes on PropGFX — Parallax Forums

More Graphics Modes on PropGFX

BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
edited 2007-10-25 19:40 in Propeller 1
Hi all, me again [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Just to let you know I've done it yet again. I've added yet another graphic mode, to the PropGFX, is there anything the·propeller chip·can't do lol

http://www.propgfx.co.uk/forum/Blah.pl?b-pb/m-1192203749/s-all/
800 x 601 - 428K
800 x 601 - 514K

Comments

• hinvhinv Posts: 1,253
    edited 2007-10-25 12:16
    Hi Baggers,

I hope you don't mind me posting here, instead of your other blog.
    I am really impressed by what you have done.
    Might I make a few suggestions?

1 make a q44 and microSD version for those of us who like things small.
    2 port Crossfire and Boulderdash to it. The games you did so far look great! These 2, in my mind were the most addicting on my old C64.

Thanks,
    Doug
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-10-25 14:00
    Hi hinv,

No I don't mind you posting here at all [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    There will only be a Q44 version of the PropGFX as it's going to be all inclusive on a Dip40, with AD724 and R2R ladders and regulators and clock and eeprom etc.

We will also be doing a small microSD version too, as it will be a Hybrid with PropGFX handheld so you'll be able to play all our classics on the go [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Baggers.
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-10-25 14:15
    What are you using for the display?·Also is the handheld·going to be Hybrid +·PropGFX? For the handheld,·wil be able to play games taht aren't·desinged to use the PropGFX and just use the standard video out?·
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-10-25 14:35
    Hi JTCook,

Yes, the handheld will be a Hybrid + PropGFX,

I'll be making some modified drivers to allow non PropGFX modes to work also, IE, they will send the data to PropGFX which will then re-adjust and send to LCD. [noparse]:)[/noparse] that's the plan anyway, that's if they can't be easily converted to PropGFX mode graphics.

For the non PropGFX games that aren't converted at the time of the handheld's release, I guess they'll have wait to play those ones, or re-write them to use PropGFX.

Baggers.
    edited 2007-10-25 17:54
    What is the resolution of the LCD screens? Also what is the fastest frame rate you can draw to the LCD? What I mean is just raw pixel drawing speed on the LCD.
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
    edited 2007-10-25 18:26
    Whoa there boys! smile.gif

JT the resolution is 320*240, 2.5" RGB TFT LCD (or TV out!)

The form factor is about the same size as a Gameboy advance and Binary images will be loaded from Micro SD.

It will be compatible with code produced for the Hybrid & PropGFX combination and we may have some spare I/O to incorporate an accelerometer too!

But, it's at least 6 months away, I've got a lot of other stuff to finish off first....

That's as much as I'm gonna say for now, I want to concentrate on the layout for the PropGFX DIP40 before progressing the handheld any further.

Regards,

Coley
    edited 2007-10-25 19:34
    Coley said...

JT the resolution is 320*240, 2.5" RGB TFT LCD (or TV out!)

Do you mean TV in for the LCD or do you have to send it a digital signal to the LCD?
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
    edited 2007-10-25 19:40
    We send digital to the LCD and there is also a TV out connector......

So what you see on the LCD is what you see on the TV out...... tongue.gif