Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problems with XGSBMP and Spectrum TV driver [SOLVED!] — Parallax Forums

Problems with XGSBMP and Spectrum TV driver [SOLVED!]

Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
edited 2007-10-19 01:59 in Propeller 1
Using XGSBMP, I converted the first BMP into a SPIN file. Using find and replace, I changed all the colors from bytes to 1 bit each (which is what the Spectrum driver needs) and changed lines to words. I thought that it would work okay. It did... sorta.

As you can see in the other picture, it's kinda distorted... groups of 8 or so pixels are shifted to the left or to the right. I'm trying to figure out wherein the problem lies, but I can't be sure.

I've attatched a copy of my code. Can anyone else see any obvious problems?

Post Edited (Spork Frog) : 10/19/2007 1:59:57 AM GMT

Comments

• JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-10-18 13:18
    It looks like the entire image is there, it is just not ordered right. I haven't used the spectrum driver, but it looks like the image is not tiled correctly. I haven't look at the source because I am not at home, but it looks like you are *really* close to getting it.
  • Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
    edited 2007-10-18 18:15
    I agree, the image is in there. I just am confused about the slgihtly messed up output.
  • Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
    edited 2007-10-19 01:59
    I found my error. Apparently the DAT section for the bitmap must be BYTE-packed, not words. I didn't think it would make a difference since it's all the same in the end, but apparently it does. So converting each of my word lines into two-byte lines fixed the problem.