Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My quickie Propeller dev board — Parallax Forums

My quickie Propeller dev board

WhelzornWhelzorn Posts: 256
edited 2007-10-16 00:02 in Propeller 1
So I was in dire need of a proto/dev board for my Propeller DIP-40 that I bought back when it first came out. But I wanted to work with it last week, so I didn't want to order anything. So I went to radio shack, and actually managed to find everything I needed to build one!
The only things you see here that you can't get at radio shack are the Propeller, EEPROM, xtal, and the headers... and the LCD.
Anyway I figured someone might get a kick out of it.
2288 x 1712 - 935K
2288 x 1712 - 944K

Comments

• OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
    edited 2007-10-15 03:17
    Hi Whelzorn.

You did well.. that looks simple and a very workable solution to get started.
    Well done..

Ron in OZ ... Melbourne
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-10-15 04:35
    very clean. Let's look at the flip side to see how you do things there: solder or wire wrap? (Rooting for wrap, but I'm guessing soldered after another look.)
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-10-15 14:00
    [noparse][[/noparse]Thought you were in the same thread as the Radio Shack discussion]
    [noparse][[/noparse]moved comment... :]

Sweet job on that impromptu propeller board! My hat is off to you for being able
    to piece that together from the source you had. Shopping in that store is a little like
    a "junkyard-wars" ("scrapheap challenge" for my euro friends) experience. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check.

— Calvin, of 'Calvin and Hobbes.
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-10-15 14:18
    Oldbitcollector said...
    Shopping in that store is a little like
    a "junkyard-wars" ("scrapheap challenge" for my euro friends) experience. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Oldbitcollector

No because then you would always find just what you needed tongue.gif
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-10-15 17:23
    !!!! [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check.

— Calvin, of 'Calvin and Hobbes.
  • WhelzornWhelzorn Posts: 256
    edited 2007-10-15 23:45
    Fred, I attached a shot from the bottom. It's all soldered. I've never wire wrapped before, I'm too young for that I think wink.gif (jk, but i really don't know how) so I am careful with my component layout to make sure I can use as few jumpers as possible. You can't see it in the pics, but there are some wires underneath the propeller's socket too.
    2284 x 868 - 359K
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-10-15 23:59
    @Whelzorn: The Radio Shack board looks interesting but quite expensive; I did this some time ago on a 60 (Euro-) Cent board ... Think I posted it somewhere some time ago..
    600 x 580 - 111K
  • TheWizard65TheWizard65 Posts: 91
    edited 2007-10-16 00:02
    Nice soldreing job whelzorn, alot better than mine. of course I had a twenty year laps from when I first was taught by My Dad working on old Bell & Howe Battery Testers(tube Type)
    By the way what guage of wire did you use for the machine pin headers