Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Powering BS2e — Parallax Forums

Powering BS2e

burner42burner42 Posts: 1
edited 2007-10-14 22:33 in Learn with BlocklyProp
hi i'm looking to build a pcb to use with a bs2e as a stand alone microcontroller, separate from the basic stamp board, however i'm not sure how to power the bs2e, for my projecti'll only require 2 pins - one for listening and the other for outputting a pulsout.· In order to power the microcontroller, should i only use Vss and Vin? or are there any other devices /parts i should put in, as i don't really need a reset button, any advice is much appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-10-14 22:33
    Vss you have to have. Vin will let you use the on-substrate voltage regulator. You can use any power source from 6 to 9V. As with any logic device, you need some bypass capacitance across the power supply. A 0.1uF ceramic capacitor in parallel with a 10uF 10V electrolytic capacitor should do it. If it's possible to connect the battery backwards, you should have a diode in series with the power input to prevent damage should that happen.

Ideally, you should have high value pullup resistors (like 100K to Vdd) on all unused chip inputs. You could use a multiple resistor pack for that purpose (with a common lead).