Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller FTP file archive request — Parallax Forums

Propeller FTP file archive request

Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
edited 2007-10-10 03:11 in Propeller 1
I think this may have been brought up before but how frustrating is it when you remember a file that was posted some time ago that might prove useful. Do you think you can find it when you look?

NO cry.gif

Is it possible to have a Propeller Object Exchange for ALL the Propeller files that have been posted so we can just go to the one page and select it from the list? This could even be via FTP which would only need to be maintained occasionally, or is there something like this already?

As attachments are uploaded it should be possible to access this area or an archive area. File names could be date stamped automatically to permit duplicate files to be archived.

*Peter*

Comments

• Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2007-10-10 02:51
    yeah...that would be helpful. Lots of stuff is posted here but the author isn't comfortable enough with it to publish it on the object exchange. Perhaps there should be an object exchange category called "work in progress" for the half-baked objects!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The more I know, the more I know I don't know.· Is this what they call Wisdom?
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-10-10 02:55
    "Half-Baked" <-- I like that.. Perhaps that should also be the name of the section.. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check.

— Calvin, of 'Calvin and Hobbes.
  • Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2007-10-10 03:11
    @OBC: Sure! I suppose that's appropriate!

Kind of reminds me of that site: www.halfbakery.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The more I know, the more I know I don't know.· Is this what they call Wisdom?