Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Of debugging and the forum — Parallax Forums

Of debugging and the forum

Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
edited 2007-10-09 09:20 in Propeller 1
For the past few days I have been coding a product design.· It is the first "real" project I have done with the propeller.· Most everything else has been toying around for hobby or demonstration purposes.

I will say the fourm has been a great resource to check code examples, to validate that others stumbled on the same problems, and to ask the questions that I couldn't get answers to.· It occured to me that one of the most valuable aspects of the forum is the posts I never made.· There have been four or five times where I sat down, spent 20 minutes typing a post, pasting code, explaining what I thought the code was doing and then out of no where.....

BAM!!

..it hit me.· The act of writting out my thoughts and explaining the code to forum helped me to find the bug or resource that I needed.· I never end of hitting the submit button because the act of writing out my post helped me to find the problem.· How many other 'almost' posts have there been by the users?· I guess we will never know....thanks for the forum guys, I love the support.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Timothy D. Swieter
tdswieter.com
One little spark of imagination is all it takes for an idea to explode

Comments

• MightorMightor Posts: 338
    edited 2007-10-09 09:20
    I had one of those almost-posts yesterday. Like you, writing out the question got me thinking and the answer came to me [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Gr,
    Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    | To know recursion, you must first know recursion.
    | I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    | - Adam Savage