Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
COMPLETE: Looking to trade or Sell Propeller Demo board — Parallax Forums

COMPLETE: Looking to trade or Sell Propeller Demo board

DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
edited 2007-10-19 07:08 in Propeller 1
I have a Prop Demo Board practically brand new, It's not really what I had in mind for my project, I'm a little short on Robobucks and I would like to make a trade. perhaps I can give you what you want and get what I want in return.

here is what i have
www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32100

I'd be pretty interested in just about any parallax product. I'm not asking for a Straight dollar per dollar trade, Make me an offer and we'll talk. I really don't see my self using this board so I'll take any reasonable offer.

Here is what I would really be interested in trading some or all of:

www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32201 (prop plug)
www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27980 (RF transmitters)
www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27981

In case you were wondering I'm not giving up on the prop, I just received a proto board and I'm going to be using it for my project.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
A complex design is the sign of an inferior designer. - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster

Post Edited (Dgswaner) : 10/15/2007 6:59:28 PM GMT

Comments

• rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-10-15 14:59
    Dgswagner,

I burned up my demo board... and I haven't felt so bad since my first dog died (cancer of the tail... a good reason to teach your pets not to use a telephone pole like a tree[noparse]:)[/noparse]

I have been scratching my brain trying to figure out what to offer you... Parallax products are out of the question.

Would you be interested in a hardly used Osborne (I / II / I can't remember which)... nothing wrong with it the last time I used it[noparse]:)[/noparse] Less than 20 hours of use. Stored in a humidity controlled environment ... (a basement with a huge crack in the wall...a good reason not to buy a house on the side of a sliding hill[noparse]:)[/noparse]
    No disks...nice little built in monitor.

I can throw in some cigarettes... and a surprise bag of components.

I really want this board... plan to use it to keep people from going blind and to feed the starving people of Africa.
    Watdaya say?

Rich
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2007-10-15 18:33
    I'll trade you for a HC-OSD board http://www.hittconsulting.com/products/hcosd/
    OR two Prop Dongles http://www.hittconsulting.com/products/propdongle/

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    My goal is to live forever...Or die trying.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.hittconsulting.com
    ·
  • DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
    edited 2007-10-15 19:03
    I should have closed this post sooner, I only got one hit about a 2 weeks ago and he never got back to me, so I traded the board back to Parallax. no one responded the first time so I didn't think to close this post. sorry guys!

Bean, I didn't realize you sold those products, so I least I learned that. looks interesting.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    A complex design is the sign of an inferior designer. - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster
    edited 2007-10-15 19:32
    All of those starving people... quite a burden for you to live with.
    edited 2007-10-15 19:36
    The Osborne would have made a find addition to my collection, It would fit great next to my Kay-Pro computer.
    So many things are a matter of timing! who would have thought that one unread post could have carried such a high price.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2007-10-15 19:48
    If you are a serious collector... and will treat it right, it is yours.
    edited 2007-10-15 20:14
    I appreciate the offer but I'm not a serious collector... I would like to think I will be one day but I've got too many irons in the fire right now.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-10-15 20:37
    Rich, why don't you just fix your demoboard or ask someone else nicely to? I assume it just needs a fresh prop.

Graham
  • .:John:..:John:. Posts: 64
    edited 2007-10-15 20:56
    Rjo-
    are you still offering that computer?

-CR
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-10-16 04:05
    Ahh...

The thrill of old iron, never quite dies!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-10-16 15:27
    isn't an Osborne the first luggable computer?
    edited 2007-10-16 15:33
    that's what I read.

Added: with a enormous 5" screen!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-10-16 19:08
    Kind of reminds me of many 70's TV's

They just slapped a handle on the things and called them "Portable".

Yep. I'm sure the Osborne was the first luggable.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!
  • T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
    edited 2007-10-16 19:21
    Speaking of 5" screens - portable....

I would like to find an SX-64 by Commodore that I used to own many years back before I got into Amiga's. Any idea where I can find one? This was a truely portable system.

Post Edited (T&E Engineer) : 10/16/2007 7:26:16 PM GMT
    edited 2007-10-16 19:26
    was that the little computer that you hooked up to a TV, and would use cassette tapes to store data?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
    edited 2007-10-16 19:29
    Nope. That's my very first computer I owned at 17 as a kit I soldered together. The ZX81 (or in the US they were the Timex Sinclair 1000) with 1K-2K ram and cassette tapes.
    edited 2007-10-16 19:39
    look on e-abay there are a ton!

search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&maxrecordsreturned=300&frpp=50&from=R10&satitle=SX-64+Commodore&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=84404&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

the Kaypro was my first computer, followed but the apple 2 I didn't have an apple tho. it was some other brand but would run the same software.

I remember being so excited that with a simple hole punch you could double the capacity of a 5 1/4 floppy.... punching out the second notch to fool the computer into thinking it was a double sided disk.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • grasshoppergrasshopper Posts: 438
    edited 2007-10-17 16:01
    rjo_ said...
    Dgswagner,

I burned up my demo board... and I haven't felt so bad since my first dog died (cancer of the tail... a good reason to teach your pets not to use a telephone pole like a tree[noparse]:)[/noparse]

I have been scratching my brain trying to figure out what to offer you... Parallax products are out of the question.

Would you be interested in a hardly used Osborne (I / II / I can't remember which)... nothing wrong with it the last time I used it[noparse]:)[/noparse] Less than 20 hours of use. Stored in a humidity controlled environment ... (a basement with a huge crack in the wall...a good reason not to buy a house on the side of a sliding hill[noparse]:)[/noparse]
    No disks...nice little built in monitor.

I can throw in some cigarettes... and a surprise bag of components.

I really want this board... plan to use it to keep people from going blind and to feed the starving people of Africa.
    Watdaya say?

Rich

I burned mine up as well but i fixed it for $12.95. Just bought a new propeller and soldered it in after removing the bad one.

Real easy to repair if you want help PM me and i can explain more.
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-10-18 17:00
    dinosaur guide: http://content.zdnet.com/2346-9595_22-169761-21.html

(Photos of 70's computers. Alas, no Osborne pic.)
  • Shane De CataniaShane De Catania Posts: 67
    edited 2007-10-19 07:08
    Just in case anybody here is looking to buy a kaypro, I'm selling one... cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220160370735&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012
    I will also have an Osborne listed soon.
    Cheers,
    Shane.