Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Text locating on the screen — Parallax Forums

Text locating on the screen

Rudy.WRudy.W Posts: 10
edited 2007-10-03 08:09 in Propeller 1
As I am pretty new on the Propeller and having difficulties with the "open mind" to this language due to· 20 years experience with all basic dialects I need some· help to locate the cursor for displaying text.

How do you locate next· string on the screen:
·print_string (string("Domotica system Hoofdstraat 2 Diever)

·I use the "VGA_tile_driver"

·Can anyone help?

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2007-10-02 12:53
    You can just say, for example:

row:=15
    col:=5

before the print statement.
  • Rudy.WRudy.W Posts: 10
    edited 2007-10-02 13:38
    Thank you Rayman, it's as simple as that.

Mascot
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-10-02 17:30
    It's not really that simple, but you seem to use the VGA_Tile_Driver_Demo as a template, where from you re-used the print-routines...
  • Rudy.WRudy.W Posts: 10
    edited 2007-10-03 06:51
    That's correct. Just to get some feeling with this, for me, new environment.
    Is there anything i should know about this subject as I cannot find this in the manual.
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-10-03 08:09
    No, there is nothing in the Manual. Every driver comes "as is" - sometimes some hints hidden in the comments smile.gif

The VGA-Tile drivers use the high-qualiy ROM font which is a good thing, as there are no interlacing issues with VGA...
    I think the main challenge Chip addresses with this family of drivers was COG speed (= pixel clock)

Because the tiles are very fine at these higher resolutions, they can be nicely used with user defined patterns. This has to be arranged within the "print" routines