Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Display.spin Video Text appears Mirror Imaged — Parallax Forums

Display.spin Video Text appears Mirror Imaged

MoonwizardMoonwizard Posts: 3
edited 2007-09-29 18:13 in Propeller 1
Hello Everyone!

While going through the tutorial for my new Propeller Chip Board, I've come to the point where we write Display.spin.· I've got this hooked up to and lcd display that uses a composite video input, normally used for a security camera display.· I've connected it to my P-Board and I see the text except it's a mirror image.· Upside down and backwards.·

Any clues?

Thank you!

P.S. Video from another source displays correctly.rolleyes.gif
·

Comments

• MoonwizardMoonwizard Posts: 3
    edited 2007-09-29 03:06
    ACK! Only thing I hadn't tried, out of pure logic, was to plug the Propeller into another video display! "Now, why would I do that if the LCD display displayed another video source correctly?", I asked myself. Then I remembered... This is experiemental electronics! Nothing logical about that at all!!!

So, it works fine, of course, on another video display. So my problem MUST be with the LCD.

Sorry to post before trying everything.

Thanks!
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-09-29 07:04
    Most car monitors allow "upside-down" (for mounting at the top) and "left-right" (for backside cameras) reversion.

The way you make this setting differs. Have a look into your monitor manual. I can even imagine the monitor uses some peculiaritis of the compound video to decide for a backside camera signal, but I think this is not likely...
  • Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2007-09-29 18:13
    Many LCD displays have digital inputs for both horizontal and vertical inversion, ie., logic 1 for inverted, logic 0 for non-inverted. The company I work for makes rear-view mirrors that display images from a camera mounted on the rear of the vehicle. This image is typically inverted left to right so that it appears similar to the image in a rear-view mirror.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The more I know, the more I know I don't know.· Is this what they call Wisdom?