Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Snake — Parallax Forums

Snake

BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
edited 2007-10-07 08:11 in Propeller 1
Hi All,

I've finally released my snake demo, which started out as a pixel plotter, It's in the Propeller forum link'd below

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=678637

snake1.jpg

snake2.jpg

Comments

• BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2007-09-28 06:23
    Thanks Baggers...

I used to play this game for hours on my C= 64... tongue.gif
    It was the first game I made that was written totally in 6502 assembler...

Is it possible to get a version for the gamepad in stead of the keyboard for the Hydra ?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-09-28 06:59
    Yeah, No Probs, I'll add joypad some time today, when I have a spare 2 mins. yeah, it's addictive isn't it [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Baggers
    edited 2007-09-28 14:23
    Uploaded new versions, so regrab from original post again [noparse]:)[/noparse] and enjoy some joypad action

Baggers.
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-10-07 01:40
    The snake game is pretty cool. I like that it speeds up with the more apples you eat and the pixel explosion is really neat. The only thing I don't understand is why you keep getting more points for just travelling the screen and not eating apples?
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2007-10-07 04:59
    JT Cook said...
    The snake game is pretty cool. I like that it speeds up with the more apples you eat and the pixel explosion is really neat. The only thing I don't understand is why you keep getting more points for just travelling the screen and not eating apples?

Because the longer you live, the more points you get. [noparse];)[/noparse]
    Some snake games are like that.
    edited 2007-10-07 08:11
    Yeah, I made it get points for the length of time your alive, you get 75 points for eating the apples, therefore takes a while before you could get that score by just waiting around.

Edit : Added source.