Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ideas for the Propeller II — Parallax Forums

Ideas for the Propeller II

edited 2007-09-22 17:28 in Propeller 1
Hello guys,

I think it's time to write some design ideas for Parallax's Prop two.

1.I want to have the power of 16 Cogs in a PLCC package so that I can have a socket for it.
( I don't want to invest all my money to solder for every new project a own Prop in SMD)

2.I want to replace the in chip RAM with a SDDRAM-Controller with automatic
segmentation by system start.

So, that was all from me.
Now it's time for you!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-09-22 17:20
    There was a very very long thread on this topic covering many suggestions including the ones you listed. I suggest you (and others) have a look at it before posting more suggestions (here: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=617536).
  • Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2007-09-22 17:28
    @Invator:

This subject has already been beaten to death - or so many of us believe. Have you read the existing thread on this subject? It is easily the longest thread in the forum.

I also thought it would be nice to be able to allocate half of the I/O pins for external memory control, but this does not seem to be high on the priority list for the Prop II. The Prop II may be fast enough to allow software-based access to external memory while using the internal RAM as a cache.

Also, the PLCC subject has already been discussed. It doesn't seem to be a popular enough request to warrant such a chip design. A suggested alternative is for Parallax or a third party to offer the chip on a carrier board for those who don't want to do the surface mounting.

Ken

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The more I know, the more I know I don't know.· Is this what they call Wisdom?
  • Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2007-09-22 17:28
    Mike, you posted as I was writing! wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The more I know, the more I know I don't know.· Is this what they call Wisdom?