Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Jetpac — Parallax Forums

Jetpac

BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
edited 2007-09-24 14:18 in Propeller 1
I've now released Jetpac since Coley has released Hybrid now [noparse]:)[/noparse] ( it's also done hydra and proto/demo board·releases )

Check it out on the original thread.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=677013

jetpac1.jpg

jetpac2.jpg

Comments

• BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2007-09-20 20:39
    Sweet...

Never played it before but it's quite addictive...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-09-21 01:12
    Very cool. I remember this game on the Atari 800, or something very similar.

Andre'
    ·
  • mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
    edited 2007-09-21 01:39
    OK, I spent 10 minutes wondering why it wouldn't respond to the keyboard. (Hint to other dum-dums like me: use the gamepad!)

The game itself is very difficult, isn't it? I only last a few seconds. I'm going to have to practice.

Kudos, Baggers!
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-09-21 03:54
    Very fun!

I love this game and, like Manic Miner, missed it the first time around. (Should have had a speccy, it seems!) Thanks Baggers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-09-21 07:02
    Glad you all like it [noparse]:)[/noparse]

mpark, isn't it working with keyboard on hydra?
    It should as I'm using MikeGreen's comboKeyboard.
    I'll look into that.

Baggers.
    edited 2007-09-21 14:26
    I know the keyboard isn't broken because it works with femtobasic, but it does nothing with Jetpac. Is it working for other Hydra people?
    edited 2007-09-21 15:13
    Just out of curiosity, was it Hydra or hybrid download?
    That would make the difference.
    Don't shout at me if it was the Hydra version you downloaded, I'm just checking all avenues.
    edited 2007-09-21 18:20
    I asked myself that too yesterday and double-checked. I'm 99.44% sure it was the Hydra version, but I've been wrong about things I've been sure of before. I'll triple-check tonight.

I guess the fact that no other Hydra people are piping up with keyboard problems kind of implies the problem is on my end.
    edited 2007-09-21 18:37
    Ok cheers, let us know how it goes.
    The reason that no-one else was having the problems, was the reason I asked [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2007-09-21 19:09
    Not so fast! JT just confirmed the problem on the other Jetpac thread.
    edited 2007-09-21 19:18
    mpark, no worries, Just read JT's confirmation

Can someone confirm that comboKeyboard.spin works with
    key.start(3)

So I can get this fixed as soon as poss. [noparse]:)[/noparse] other than that, I've got no ideas why it's not working.
    Also, has any hydra user had keyboard working with this?

Cheers,
    Baggers.
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-09-21 23:52
    I'll see if I can check out the keyboard driver this weekend and find out the details on it.
    edited 2007-09-22 06:09
    comboKeyboard needs start(13).
    edited 2007-09-22 08:34
    mpark said...
    comboKeyboard needs start(13).
    Ah, that'll explain why nobody is getting keyboard on hydra. [noparse]:)[/noparse] thanks for that mpark.
    File uploaded, and to I've updated the one on the website.

Try this, and let me know if that fixes it [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Cheers,
    Baggers.

Edit: I must have done a typo, and missed the 1, as it couldn't have been 3, since joypad is 3. [noparse]:)[/noparse] Cheers again for that find.

Post Edited (Baggers) : 9/22/2007 8:45:13 AM GMT
    edited 2007-09-22 11:35
    Thanks Baggers, that did the trick! Now I can suck at this game on the gamepad and the keyboard.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you: Did you work from original Jetpac source code and do a more-or-less direct translation, or did you start from scratch and end up with a program that by amazing coincidence happens to behave very similarly to Jetpac? Just curious.
    edited 2007-09-22 12:18
    Hi mpark, glad you can now suck on keyboard as much as on gamepad rofl [noparse]:)[/noparse]

As for source code, nope I've not had any source code for Jetpac, nor Manic Miner, I start from scratch, and thankfully end up with a program that by amazing coincidence happens to behave very similar to it's original.
    It's just my "Visual Coding" as I call it, I have a look at how things react on screen, then think how best to mimic it in code.

Baggers.
    edited 2007-09-24 14:18
    Just to let you know, source has been released, see post on propeller forum, link at top of this thread.