Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Fab Lab Project using Parallax Chips — Parallax Forums

Fab Lab Project using Parallax Chips

medelmanmedelman Posts: 21
edited 2007-09-20 14:31 in General Discussion
Hi, I am currently a student at a large community college in the twin cities of Minnesota called Century. We are becoming part of the midwest fab lab, which is part of the MIT's center for Bits and Atoms. As part of my engineering service for a circuits class and a member of the engineer club, I volunteered how to learn the process of CNCing PCB boards and document it, so I would like to create some boards to show off, and populate them if possible. We have are going to have access to a Modela CNC machine as well as several other fabrication machines, and I was hoping to do some pcb design and fabrication with them. I would like to incorporate and sx chip or even a propeller chip to show what can be done, but also to demonstrate the capabilities of either chip. Right now our "intro to engineering" class uses Stamp Boards. Has anyone here done PCB design using CNC machining, and have a simple layout that incorporates either chip and does something interesting? I was thinking of making an Engineering Club Badge, Keychain or something to that effect that flashed LED's. Essentially it has to be compact and one sided. I'd like to learn the art of PCB design, I just don't have a lot of time with all of my classes, so I will be mainly focused on getting the mill operating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matt