Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Troubles with Appendix B, BS2 to BS2 IR Messages of “IR Remote for the Boe-Bot” — Parallax Forums

Troubles with Appendix B, BS2 to BS2 IR Messages of “IR Remote for the Boe-Bot”

bikejunkybikejunky Posts: 33
edited 2007-09-20 23:00 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Troubles with Appendix B, BS2 to BS2 IR Messages of ·“IR Remote for the Boe-Bot”
·
I just finished the main three chapters of “ IR Remote for the Boe-Bot”. I didn’t have a problem with any of it until I started to work on Appendix B, BS2 to BS2 IR Messages.
·
All I can get is the message “ Pulse out of range, trying again…”
·
I’m using my Boe-Bot board as the receiver and a Homework board as the transmitter.
I’ve tried, downloaded programs from the SIC web site, ··new batteries, different IR LEDs and IR detectors, tried different resistance values, and held the detector and led next to each other.
·
Tips to make this work would be appreciated.
·
Thanks
··········· Charlie

Comments

• edited 2007-09-20 18:20
    Charlie,

What version of the text are you using?

Initial tests should be done with the IR LED pointed directly into the hemispherical window on the IR receiver.

Andy

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
  • bikejunkybikejunky Posts: 33
    edited 2007-09-20 23:00
    Thanks for the reply

I tried again with the online text 1.1 and downloaded the programs also. It still didn't work
    So, I modified the receive program to be less picky until, it started to work. It would receive the transmission up to 12 inches away. I think thats pretty good. I probably didn't have to change all of the constants as much as I did. And, I think I probably introduced a chance for errors in received messages.
    But like you said in the book, the BS2 probably isn't the best solution for this kind of project.

This is what I changed the values to.

StartMax CON 1700
    StartMin CON 1000

Bin1Max CON 1400
    Bin1Min CON 600

Bin0Max CON 800
    Bin0Min CON 200

By the way you write great texts, They are easy to read and easy to follow.

Thanks again
    Charlie