Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My Proto-2-SpinStudio — Parallax Forums

My Proto-2-SpinStudio

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-09-19 03:03 in Propeller 1
I finally finished putting together the last of my SpinStudio boards.
(Nice stuff Brian!!!)

And thought I'd take a picture of my new baby!

This is a proto converted to SpinStudio. SpinStudio clone.

Instructions on how to do this are here.
http://ucontroller.com/indextutorials.html

Gonna build my SpinStudio as soon as my Prop-chip arrives

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check.

— Calvin, of 'Calvin and Hobbes.
576 x 432 - 45K

Comments

• parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2007-09-19 03:03
    Nice work! When I was designing these, I really didn't have this in mind, but the SpinStudio Peripheral modules make a nice way to add features to a Protoboard. Some connectors are hard to fit into a standard 0.1" grid.

Obviously the VGA/Keyboard/Mouse connectors would be easier to add with a accessory kit, but with the SpinStudio boards, they are removable and you can reuse the I/O pins for other purposes.

It's definately the easy way to add composite video and sound. Many of you already have the SD card adapter. And I have a few new peripheral boards that are being manufactured soon. One of which is a prototyping board, which you might ask, why make a prototyping board to plug into a prototyping board??? First reason, it was really desgined for use with a SpinStudio mainboard. But it could be useful to create a project that can be unplugged from your Protoboard when you want to try another experiment, say you wanted to interface a certain IC, you could plug it into a solderless breadboard, along with all the jumper wires, resistors, capacitors, etc. And when you were done, take all those components out to accommodate your next project. Then next time you want to replicate that circuit, you have to build it again. With an unplugable prototyping board, you could simply unplug it, and save it for the next time you need it. Essentially making your own Peripheral modules.

Anyway, thank you OldBitCollector for figuring out how the conversion of a Protoboard could be done. If anyone is planning to use any of my modules with a Protoboard, just mention it when you order, I'll include an appropriate 20 pin header with your order for free.

Anyone who received a SD Adapter without the 20 pin header, and would like one, send me an email and I'll mail one out to you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio