Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for free programme for drawing Finistate State Machines — Parallax Forums

Looking for free programme for drawing Finistate State Machines

MightorMightor Posts: 338
edited 2007-09-18 05:45 in General Discussion
Hey peeps,

I am looking for an alternative to Visio for drawing Finite State Machines so I can get them clear in my head before writing code. I had a look at Dia, but that requires me to install the GTK libs as well and I am not too keen on that. Does anyone know of any other programs that can do roughly the same as Visio. I only really need it for drawing FSMs. Pen and paper is not an option :P I need it to work on Windows.

Gr,
Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
| To know recursion, you must first know recursion.
| I'm afraid I might be phobophobic.

Comments

• MightorMightor Posts: 338
    edited 2007-09-17 19:38
    I've found a nice web application that is quite visio-like: http://www.best4c.com/editor/NetMapApplication.jsp, I haven't tested it fully yet but it looks pretty good. I'm still keen to hear what others are using though.

Gr,
    Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    | I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    | - Adam Savage
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-09-17 20:12
    That's rather impressive for a web app. Thankfully, it's intuitive enough that a lot can be accomplished without having to read anything, since it's all in Chinese!

-Phil
  • DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
    edited 2007-09-17 21:10
    I just downloaded a demo of Visio for some flow charting and was going to try and beat the traial end date. that looks like a great alternative. I'm defiantelly bookmarking that one.. I'm just wondering, what's the catch? seems too good to be free.

Chinese? I couldn't find a non-english work on the page.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    A complex design is the sign of an inferior designer. - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-09-17 21:26
    Yeah, Chinese. Here's a screen shot.

-Phil
    1440 x 842 - 119K
  • DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
    edited 2007-09-17 22:51
    wow check your browser settings. mine comes up in English. Oh IC your on a mac. It was a joke, no need to start the Mac vs PC debate..

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    A complex design is the sign of an inferior designer. - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster
  • MightorMightor Posts: 338
    edited 2007-09-18 05:45
    Haha, yeah, you can set it to English if you want. Just go to the root of the website, set it to English then go back to the web app and yer done [noparse]:)[/noparse]

attachment.php?attachmentid=49396

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    | I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    | - Adam Savage

Post Edited (Mightor) : 9/18/2007 5:59:27 AM GMT
    458 x 351 - 28K