Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My middle finger hurts from scrolling up and down in the Propeller Tool !!! — Parallax Forums

My middle finger hurts from scrolling up and down in the Propeller Tool !!!

RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
edited 2007-09-13 19:50 in Propeller 1
I wish there was a drop-down scroll box with all the procedures listed for quick access...

Comments

• _Mark_Mark Posts: 36
    edited 2007-09-12 23:58
    Rayman said...
    I wish there was a drop-down scroll box with all the procedures listed for quick access...
    lol.gif sorry but I immediately saw the situation you described in my head.

Seriously though, I don't know how fast spin code tends to grow usually, but a general rule of thumb is that if your object is getting too big, you should consider refactoring it into multiple objects. Should work miracles for your middle finger tongue.gif
  • AribaAriba Posts: 2,685
    edited 2007-09-13 00:34
    Rayman

Just click on Summary under the Tabs, and you get the Procedure List.
    Then doubleclick on a Procedure (Methode) and you are there.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2007-09-13 03:11
    I use that, but it's not so easy to find things there. I wish it had a drop-down box with just the procedure names (like Visual Studio).
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-09-13 09:38
    try this instead:
    To enable bookmarks, press Ctrl+Shift+B to make the Bookmark Gutter
    visible; a blank area to the left of the edit page. Then click the mouse in the Bookmark
    Gutter next to each line you want to be able to navigate to quickly. Finally, from anywhere in
    the page, press Ctrl+# where # is the bookmark number that you want to go to; the cursor will
    instantly jump to that location. Up to 9 bookmarks (1 – 9) can be set in each edit tab.

page 63
  • PocketLintPocketLint Posts: 31
    edited 2007-09-13 16:21
    I use bookmarks all the time now..

One project that I have, has some ASM code in a dat block all the way at the end of the listing.·due to how the project is arranged, that is where is·has to go.··Blocks of asm code are swapped in and out as needed and the swap area has to be haed coded as org does not like to take labels so I use a constant, any change in the ASM code changes the swap are's location in the cog so I have to compile, check the final address of the swap area and then bounce up to the top of the listing to change my constant, then scroll back to wher eI was working.

I was cursing the IDE for not having splitter panels until I started using the bookmarks.

Saved me from going crazy!!

The only thing I don't like about bookmarks is that if you do a File/Save as, and change the name (increment the version number for example). The IDE correctly knows to track the new file as the top object (if it was the top) but you lose all the bookmarks.

Is there a place to review and report bugs like this?

Thanks,
    Bob
    ·
  • mcstarmcstar Posts: 144
    edited 2007-09-13 18:15
    LOL.... I just had a thought. When I was kid we used to watch The Jetsons. Who remembers what George Jetson's job was?.... He had this one red button he had to sit and push all day. In at least one of the episodes I remember him coming home saying what a hard day he had at work, that his one finger was swollen red! How funny that here we are actually living the life of a cartoon character from the 60's!!!
  • PocketLintPocketLint Posts: 31
    edited 2007-09-13 19:36
    Good one..

Only, If that is so.. Who got my Rosie the Robot?

-Bob
  • mcstarmcstar Posts: 144
    edited 2007-09-13 19:50
    You could build her with a prop!