Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Proptool feature request — Parallax Forums

Proptool feature request

BradCBradC Posts: 2,601
edited 2007-09-12 11:33 in Propeller 1
I know this one has been done heaps already, but pretty please..

Simple conditional compilation in DAT segments.

Just a #define foo 1

#if foo
blarf
#endif

Beg, grovel, scrape, kowtow

idea.gif

Comments

• MightorMightor Posts: 338
    edited 2007-09-12 05:04
    I second that motion. It'd be awesome for debugging purposes.

Gr,
    Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    | To know recursion, you must first know recursion.
    | I'm afraid I might be phobophobic.
  • _Mark_Mark Posts: 36
    edited 2007-09-12 11:33
    Perhaps a good idea might be one or several of the following:

- Add a command-line parameter to the proptool which allows it to be invoked as a command-line compiler. This would enable 3rd-party tools to integrate the compilation process into their own process (such as preprocessing). Advantage, it's probably not a lot of work for parallax to add this. Disadvantage, it's still not easy to integrate anything into the proptool IDE (and it's not easy to create a 3rd-party tools that include their own IDE, nor desirable I think).

- Add the ability for the proptool to invoke external programs during the compilation process (for example once for each spin file in a project, just prior to compilation). Advantage, this makes it easier to integrate, say, preprocessing steps into the compilation process (including existing tools), or anything else, without hindering use of the IDE. And it's probably still not a great deal of work for parallax. Disadvantage? Not sure...

- Add some kind of plugin API to the proptool, that allows 3rd-party plugins to directly interface with the IDE. Advantage, very flexible. Disadvantage, a lot of work for parallax.

Just some thoughts.

Mark