Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Assembly Source-Level Debugger Released — Parallax Forums

Propeller Assembly Source-Level Debugger Released

epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
edited 2007-12-02 13:02 in Propeller 1
If you haven't noticed the posting, go over to the Propeller forum and check out the newly released Propeller Assembly Source Level Debugger (PASD) from Andy (Ariba).

http://forums.parallax.com/showpost.php?p=0

I had been looking for something like this and found out that Andy had already written it but needed help getting the documentation into English, so I ended up writing the user's manual for him and he's now released the debugger to the public.

Andy did an absolutely fabulous job; I've already used it many times to debug my own assembly projects and I now consider it indispensable.

For assembly beginners it will go a long way toward helping you understand what's really going on "under the hood", and for more experienced programmers it sure beats the heck out of blinking some LED's and scratching your head for half an hour while you ponder what happened to that carry flag [noparse];)[/noparse]

Enjoy!

Comments

• CardboardGuruCardboardGuru Posts: 443
    edited 2007-12-02 13:02
    This is absolutely fantastic! It's another of those "Why did I not look at this before" scenarios. This could have saved me hours of debugging many a time.

I stopped working on the Fantasia! graphics driver because I hit an assembler bug that I could not fathom. I suspect this debugger will let me get past that. So once Defender is out of the way, I'll have another bash at getting the next feature going on Fantasia!

If you haven't downloaded this yet do yourself a favour and do it now. There's a nice manual in a PDF with a walkthrough. Dead easy to get into.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Help to build the Propeller wiki - propeller.wikispaces.com
    Play Defender - Propeller version of the classic game
    Prop Room Robotics - my web store for Roomba spare parts in the UK