Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Suggestions requested for reasonably priced Water Pressure Transducer — Parallax Forums

Suggestions requested for reasonably priced Water Pressure Transducer

WurlitzerWurlitzer Posts: 237
edited 2007-09-09 16:12 in Propeller 1
I want to replace my mechanical well pump pressure switch with some Propeller driven bells and other noise makers. I need a device to measure water pressure in the 20-60 PSI range. Searching for an hour on the web netted· some rather nice devices in the $450 range but I am looking for maybe the $50 range.

In addition to turning the well pump on and off I want to monitor and·archive pump run time and use that run time to calculate the appropriate time to operate a solenoid which dispenses chlorine into the well.

I will also be monitoring the level of chlorine in a separate tank and annunciating when it gets low.

An LCD display will round out the application but only if I can find a reasonably priced pressure transducer.

NOTE: As the transducer will be place in front of the water conditioning system it will be exposed to water containing some small percentage of chlorine and the various dissolved crud found in well water.

Comments

• MarkSMarkS Posts: 342
    edited 2007-09-09 15:40
    Digi-Key has some pressure sensors that can read well above what you require and are far cheaper than $450. I'll try to find them for you. Give me a minute. Do you need PSIA or PSIG?
    edited 2007-09-09 15:44
    Digi-Key part# 480-1927-ND 0-100 PSIG Solid State Pressure Sensor $23.95

Digi-Key part# 480-1917-ND 0-100 PSIA Solid State Pressure Sensor $23.95
  • parskoparsko Posts: 501
    edited 2007-09-09 15:57
    Wurl,

I think Mark is leading you in the right direction. But, he specified parts to be used with gases, not liquids. I think the next ones down the page, for instance, 287-1119-NC, will suit you better. I have one of the ones for gases, and it works great for that. The PCB ones work really good for vacuum. There are no barbs to hold the hose on, so I would not trust them much at higher pressures without a zip tie. The ones with an NPT thead are likely better to fit your system.

Hey mark, is it late where you are? [noparse]:)[/noparse] [noparse]:)[/noparse]

-Parsko
    edited 2007-09-09 16:06
    parsko said...
    Wurl,

I think Mark is leading you in the right direction. But, he specified parts to be used with gases, not liquids. I think the next ones down the page, for instance, 287-1119-NC, will suit you better. I have one of the ones for gases, and it works great for that. The PCB ones work really good for vacuum. There are no barbs to hold the hose on, so I would not trust them much at higher pressures without a zip tie. The ones with an NPT thead are likely better to fit your system.

Hey mark, is it late where you are? [noparse]:)[/noparse] [noparse]:)[/noparse]

-Parsko

Its 287-1119-ND I was going to quote one of those, but I was factoring in the price.

Nope, its only 11 AM here.
  • WurlitzerWurlitzer Posts: 237
    edited 2007-09-09 16:09
    WOW. thanks guys! Quick and valuable responses! You just cannot beat this group!
    edited 2007-09-09 16:12
    Sure you can! Just give me a lot of cash and I'll answer any questions you have. smilewinkgrin.gif

Wont guarantee they'll be correct, but I'll answer them....

Post Edited (MarkS) : 9/9/2007 4:21:52 PM GMT